The Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away.

Wheelie School!

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2005, 06:06 AM
Super Moderator
Default Wheelie School!

Ok so I have never been able to ride a wheelie so I went to Keith Codes wheelie school on Oct 7th. It was a good day but I still suck [&o].

It was fun though and there were some cool people there. Here are a couple of pics, " that a photog is trying to sell" my last 2 runs of the day.

The little wheel device on the back is quite slick, you don't ride on it, they set it to a predetermined height and when you reach that height the device retards one of the cylinders and it drops the front. You also can't loop it either, if you pull up so hard that the retarded cylinder wont drop her down the device will engage the rear break just past the balance point. I did not need to use that feature but one foo did it and let go [] ended up sliding on his ***. He should have just held on.

The bottom line is I still need a lot of practice but it was a good day. I have a real respect for the foos how can get it up and ride it out.

Oh yea we were ridding Triumph 900cc bikes.

[IMG]local://upfiles/346/45948229366F47CC838A8C68C9601192.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/346/9ADC0ABD82284C928F91E07E696008F2.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-15-2005, 06:13 AM
Default RE: Wheelie School!

I wanted to go to the one in Ohio, but never did. I cant ride a baby wheelie for a bit, but every time i pull it up the $8000.00 price tag blocks my view LOL Correct me if im wrong, but they only teach you how to "power" wheelie and not to clutch it, right?!? I have never clutched it. Im to afraid of flipping it Sound fun. If you dont mind, how much $$$ was it?

Old 10-15-2005, 06:19 AM
Super Moderator

Yea power only. It was 400.00 kinda pricy but lets see if it gets me past my fear. Might have to go again though to do that.[:@]

Old 10-15-2005, 06:23 AM

I think the price was about the same here, but the one i looked at was for a 2 day class. Not sure though, I havent looked into it lately. Now that you took the class, do you think it was worth the $$$$?

Old 10-15-2005, 06:30 AM

Well forget whellie school in my area. The site no longer exsits. here is what it was if you ever heard of it. www.starboyz.net/

Old 10-15-2005, 06:35 AM
Super Moderator

Well I am not ridding any wheelies down the road or anything, but also have not been out on my bike yet either. I would have to say yes, besides it is still a whole day riding and being around other riders.

I believe I will go again to get more practice. Getting it up is one thing, I have still not learned the balance point. Out of 10 people, 3 did and 1 already had some wheelie experience and one was a armature racer from Canada.

Old 10-15-2005, 10:29 PM
Super Moderator

hey bro, thats cool as hell. i wouldn't mind taking that class... the pics look cool too. glad you had fun.... cheers bro,[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 10-17-2005, 04:06 PM
Super Moderator

That looks like fun!

Old 10-17-2005, 07:18 PM

Awesome.... Sweet action shots! I read an article about how they had that bike set up, and it was pretty cool. So simple, yet so useful!

Congrats!

Old 10-17-2005, 10:27 PM

i ride wheelies...in fact the first day i got my new bike i wheelied it... i alomost looped it but since i have learned to contro it better.... i do stand-ups and on the seat but haven't learned the balance point, i jus make sure i have enough road to jus throttle through.... the best way i can help if you do decide to try it is to start by doing it in second gear at about 40-45mph....if you goof it you will dam near kill yourself but in second gear there is a whole lot less chance to goof it....1st gear wheelies for starters is dam near asking for it...to much torque...

Quick Reply: Wheelie School!