The Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away.

i jst bought a 95 zx6e need sliders and stabilizers

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 03:28 AM
Default i jst bought a 95 zx6e need sliders and stabilizers

i jst bought a zx6e and was wonderin what the difference is between that and the zx6r. i am looking for a place to get sliders and a steering stabilizer. any ideas???????????

Old 12-10-2007, 04:55 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: i jst bought a 95 zx6e need sliders and stabilizers

i'd want to say the mountig points are gonna be different. i have 2 zx6-e's and the motor mounts are almost always where you'll end up mounting the sliders.. you may have to make your own.. as far as a stabilizer, gpr makes a KILLER setup (if you can afford it) and they tend to be pretty universal on fitment to different bikes.

i can't really say i ever put either one of my 6's thru paces hard enough to require a stabilizer.. you tryin to roll some 300' stoppies?!

i dunno. i believe the frames are way different tho between the two bikes ( your 6R and 6E) and thats what is gonna make the difference in mounting both the stabilizer and sliders.. always can go the custom route and make all your own stuff like i do... the mounting tabs for the tank are differently spaced, and thats usually where a gpr stabilizer will mount to.. the forks are different on the two....the motors, of course.... theres alot of little differences in those two machines. thats why the 6E eventualy made its way into becoming the ZZR, whichs is Kawi's sport/touring designation. the E model is just so laid back and comfy and heavy and stable that, unlike its high-strung race inspired brother, the 6R, makes it a perfect long ride platform. the ergonomics alnoe make it the bike i'd choose for long haul, iron butt type riding. i rode to N.C., 7 hours away, a few times, and to northern ohio 6 hours away on my '94 6E and never had a problem with comfort. i don't know if i'd make the same trips leaned over more, and having more weight on my wrists and all...