The Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away.

how do you do a stoppie???

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 01:16 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member
Default how do you do a stoppie???

this question is spawned from meansgo thread about stoppies. so i thought i would take it to the stunt section and let the pro's tell it. not that i have the ***** to try it or anything. but how would one go about learning this cool little trick? [&:]

Old 09-01-2006, 01:19 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: how do you do a stoppie???

Not sure to be honest but you better up your health coverage

Old 09-01-2006, 01:52 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

depends, usually start out on a 20 inch bmx freestyle bike. move up tp a mountain bike. mabey a honda xr50 and then go big or bust, if you dont have the ***** and the acception that you can and will go down. dont do it.

are you refering to a nose wheelie (riding the front wheel to a stop) or a stoppie/endo (bringing the *** end up while the bike is stopped) ?

Old 09-01-2006, 02:06 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

how would you bring up the back of the bike if your not moving?but i guess i meant nose wheeli (riding the front wheel to a stop) and i have tried that on my 20inch bmx mega times and was not very good at it to say the least
ORIGINAL: evil636

depends, usually start out on a 20 inch bmx freestyle bike. move up tp a mountain bike. mabey a honda xr50 and then go big or bust, if you dont have the ***** and the acception that you can and will go down. dont do it.

are you refering to a nose wheelie (riding the front wheel to a stop) or a stoppie/endo (bringing the *** end up while the bike is stopped) ?

Old 09-01-2006, 02:16 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

as i looked at it for years

riding the front wheel till you come to a stop = nose wheelie

going about 15/25 mph and grabbing a hand full of front brake and shifting your weight forward causing the rear of the bike to lift in a stopped state, not moving or rolling forward = stoppie/endo, and that pretty much how you do it with a little compression on the front as you squeeze the brake.

Old 09-01-2006, 04:00 AM
Super Moderator

Not that I am a expert but does it help to push your weight down on the pegs and load the shock, then move forward as you grab the brake. Then the rebound helps a little to bring up the rear.

Old 09-01-2006, 04:10 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

it helps on a dirtbike, ive pre loaded my street bike a few times doing it and it dont really make that much of a difference. its more so in the front. it helps to compress the forks a little before you hammer down on them.

but if youve ever felt a stunt bike front end, its stiff as hell and i would imagine easier to do it on a stiffer front end. i should try it on a stock suspended bike and see if its like jumping on a marshmallow.

Old 09-01-2006, 04:12 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: evil636

it helps on a dirtbike, ive pre loaded my street bike a few times doing it and it dont really make that much of a difference. its more so in the front. it helps to compress the forks a little before you hammer down on them.

but if youve ever felt a stunt bike front end, its stiff as hell and i would imagine easier to do it on a stiffer front end. i should try it on a stock suspended bike and see if its like jumping on a marshmallow.
Go fir it up and try it, I,ll wait!

Old 09-01-2006, 04:20 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

i did do it on a stock dirtbike. ha haa lets just say by the time it compressed enough for the rear to get up, and the balence point was a little over and the forks started to rebound. it was the slowest jump over the bars i had ever done. i think my brother even deflected the seat and put the bike back down on its tires before it fell over. haa haa good times.

Old 09-01-2006, 05:10 AM
Super Moderator

Sweet!

Quick Reply: how do you do a stoppie???