Sponsor Group And Special Buys Official Vendors and Advertisers will post special group buys for our members here!! Check it out.

8 of the group buy dampers shipping tomorrow.

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 06:17 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: 8 of the group buy dampers shipping tomorrow.

I almost bought a new Kaw before I ran into this 954. I love red and black man what can I say.

I probably would man. I really like the new 1krr but I don't care for all the electronic speed damper nonsense.

Anyway I've gone down on the dragon before. Actually just after right before the Taleco Lodge or whatever that place is called. I was closing in on some guy who wasn't a very good rider on a vtx1800. He'd slam on the brakes in a curve and then nail it coming out and down the straights and start to pull away from me. I was making my time up in the turns. Well I had him and was about to pass when I'm coming through this one corner with the bike leaned over and dragging parts with a big grin on my face when I see... UHHH SMOKE?!?
Yeah he had lowsided and as I came through the turn he was right in front of me sliding along the ground with the bike sliding in front of him. Apparently he nailed it hard enough to let the rear tire spin out from under him exiting the curve.

I hit everything I had to keep from running over this guy's skull and when I did my front tiire slid in a little gravel that was there. Skid-WHIP- HIGHSIDE BABY! I went flying and the bike went flipping. It hurt. I was sitting there on the grass talking to this guy while we were bleeding and waiting for the cops to show up. Turns out he's a motorcycle safety instructor. SHEESH!

Old 03-02-2006, 07:42 AM
1st Gear Member

Evil...pm me about the top secret stuff....I wanna know...hehe.

As for next....I was thinking bout the brake lines....but ive heard some bad things bout them leaking.

Old 03-02-2006, 08:14 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

just get some extra crush washers and dont be suprised if you have to swap them out 2 or 3 times. when its all said and done, well worth all the bs you go through. invest in a 40 dollar vacum bleeder. i got my moneys worth out of it.

Old 03-02-2006, 03:16 PM
1st Gear Member

Evil is just trying to scare you off the lines because he doesn't want you to have any as cool as his.

What color is your bike? I have all the color samples here now I can take pics of for you. The red, blue, yellow, clear, green, and smoke let you see the steel braiding through them. Looks awesome. The black and the orange ones look like solid color lines.

Anyway hopefully by next week I'll have my new invoicing system installed. I'll be able to set special prices and fire off an invoice via email and you can just click the link - and pay by credit card and it will be logged as an order in my store. IF it ever gets done haha.

J.T.

Old 03-02-2006, 03:17 PM
1st Gear Member

Hey Redneck you'll probably get your damper tomorrow or Saturday since you're just one state over.

Old 03-02-2006, 08:12 PM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sikanimator

Evil is just trying to scare you off the lines because he doesn't want you to have any as cool as his.
J.T.

NOOOOOOO i think swapping the lines is the first mod everyone should do.

Old 03-02-2006, 09:20 PM
1st Gear Member

Hah. Know what? I still haven't done it. D'oh!

Old 03-02-2006, 10:58 PM
1st Gear Member

where u at jt?

Old 03-03-2006, 03:28 AM
1st Gear Member

Little Rock here man. I'll have to order your lines when you're ready for them though. I ship from Galfer 3 day so it's no big deal really.

Need some Galfer brake pads too?

J.T.

Old 03-03-2006, 08:57 AM
1st Gear Member

Well I highly doubt ill get it tommorrow since im in a small town....but wont mind it i do. How much we looking for the brake lines....front and back with the extra crush washers? and whats the benefit of the new pads? and how much??

Quick Reply: 8 of the group buy dampers shipping tomorrow.