Sights 'N Sounds Upload and Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for video's pertaining to Kawasaki's, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, and Off Topic.

Why wear proper gear on the streets?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 10:39 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Why wear proper gear on the streets?

Ha I saw that 2 up wreck on another forum too, I cringed when I saw the front tire in the 3rd pic, dumb A$$'s.

Imagine how much those scabs are going to hurt

Old 06-07-2006, 02:24 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

gear up. allthough im guilty of wearing a sweatshirt with all my icon field armor on under it and a pair of shorts, again with my under protector shorts on. still dont really help if i biffed it. well my legs and knees would be screwed.

Old 06-07-2006, 04:39 PM
1st Gear Member

It was 95*F memorial day here. I was a good girl and had my helmet, jacket, gloves, jeans and boots on. I would have loved to ride w/o all that, but I dont want to deal w/ the consequences just in case.

Old 06-07-2006, 04:47 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: evil636

gear up. allthough im guilty of wearing a sweatshirt with all my icon field armor on under it and a pair of shorts, again with my under protector shorts on. still dont really help if i biffed it. well my legs and knees would be screwed.
SQUID

Have to admit it gets hot when you’re geared up but as long as I am moving its all good. It also depends where and how you are riding, a cruise down by the beach in full leathers on a 90 degree day [&:] or hitting the canyon on the same 90+ day. Canyon gear, beach jeans.

Old 06-07-2006, 04:51 PM
Super Moderator

Dumb move! The only thing I'm guilty for is just wearing jeans, even though I do have pants. Always, always wear my helmet, jacket, gloves and boots. I wore sneakers once - but my feet got cold and I didn't feel very good doing it!

Old 06-07-2006, 04:54 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: bluebird

Dumb move! The only thing I'm guilty for is just wearing jeans, even though I do have pants. Always, always wear my helmet, jacket, gloves and boots. I wore sneakers once - but my feet got cold and I didn't feel very good doing it!
Yea when I wear sneakers I feel bare and just keep think of how mangled my ankles are going to be if someone hits me again [>:].
I really do not feel comfortable unless I am all geared up.

Old 06-07-2006, 04:56 PM
1st Gear Member

Gears keeps you pretty or maitains your level of ugly.

Old 06-07-2006, 06:16 PM

ORIGINAL: Notstock

Yea when I wear sneakers I feel bare and just keep think of how mangled my ankles are going to be if someone hits me again [>:].
i am the same way but i have been looking for a pair of boots since i got my bike....its kinda hard to find some in a size 15 and the pants i got are too long but i am in the process of getting some new ones of those soon

Old 06-07-2006, 06:41 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: frrogger1

ORIGINAL: Notstock

i am the same way but i have been looking for a pair of boots since i got my bike....its kinda hard to find some in a size 15 and the pants i got are too long but i am in the process of getting some new ones of those soon
Size 15, you must drag a lot of toe.

Old 06-08-2006, 04:42 AM
Super Moderator

all i could say is OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!! gear up people....

Quick Reply: Why wear proper gear on the streets?