Sights 'N Sounds Upload and Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for video's pertaining to Kawasaki's, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, and Off Topic.

Motorist beaten by bike gang

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 04:54 PM
1st Gear Member

This story is certainly not getting any better; it is a sad day when the police begin to sit on the sideline and spectate or worse yet become an attacker.

I noticed in one video, it looks like just before the SUV runs over the unfortunate biker one or more other bikers are moving out of the way of the SUV. Either these guys can see into the future or the SUV driver was warning that pedal is about to meet metal.

Old 10-09-2013, 05:43 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Fuller_Malarkey
Am I the only one stuck on the fact there were at least THREE COPS in that pack?

Undercover cop arrested in biker gang’s SUV attack | New York Post

Several cops may have watched biker beatdown | New York Post

(CBS News) At least three off-duty police officers say they were part of a motorcycle group that was involved in a violent assault of an SUV driver last weekend in New York City.

Off-duty police officers part of group involved in NYC motorcycle road rage incident - CBS News

One involved is a sargeant.

ETA: one cop now charged with rioting and criminal mischief. A ten year veteran of the thin blue line. Video has him beating the window on the Landy.
the first article has this line at the end:

Craig Wright, 29, of Brooklyn is seen on video not even waiting for the 33-year-old Lien to be dragged from his car before allegedly beating him. Wright punched Lien through his shattered driver’s-side window, then repeatedly stomped on him once he was tossed to the ground, officials said.
Wright was partly ID’d by a “No. 13’’ logo on his jacket, authorities said.
His lawyer proclaimed his client’s innocence.
But prosecutor Samantha Turino said, “This defendant is on video stomping [Lien] at least three times.”
innocence.... hahahahahahaha

Old 10-11-2013, 07:09 PM
1st Gear Member

This will show you that theres a bunch of idiots in NYC. Honestly, NYPD has long been known for it's corruption. I'm pretty sure that this now isn't going to really help with their PR case...

Old 10-12-2013, 04:39 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Brieninsac
I heard about that too. I can see an undercover cop not doing anything for fear of blowing is cover, but to participate is reprehensible.
Not an attack on a viewpoint, rather, an attempt to promote further discussion.....

What could the cop be possibly investigating "undercover" that would be greater in importance than stepping in to intervene on a mob assault when there was an infant and a young woman present and, considering the willingness of the bikers to smash windows and drag out the driver....what could have been in store for the young woman? Or that baby?

Under cover cops investigate what....drug traffic, organized crime, ****? Cops have this magic permission slip called "discretion"....they can choose to place value on situations, weigh their present assignment against present risk. I can't think of any undercover operation that in importance outweighed the threat to this family. Personally, I don't think officer discretion played any part in this incident. Pack mentality did, and his option to split from the scene after he participated AND WAS AWARE OF THE POTENTIAL THREAT TO DRIVER, WOMAN, AND THE BABY was based on his knowledge of how to avoid consequences, and an act of depravity.

Knowing he left that woman and baby to the mercy of that pack......who wouldn't put up a carton of cigarettes to every jail inmate that gives this cop his first civics lesson in the jail shower?

Last edited by Fuller_Malarkey; 10-12-2013 at 06:29 PM. Reason: aw kant type ore spel
Old 10-12-2013, 06:23 PM
1st Gear Member

Soon after I wrote that it came out the undercover officer was off-duty, which completely negates any reasoning for not stopping the attack let alone participating.

Old 10-14-2013, 12:56 PM
1st Gear Member

I read somewhere that his most recent undercover assignment was infiltration of some local protesters.

Old 12-02-2013, 04:49 PM
1st Gear Member

How terrible. And cops were there who didnt help? How sad..