Sights 'N Sounds Upload and Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for video's pertaining to Kawasaki's, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, and Off Topic.

Motorist beaten by bike gang

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 07:56 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member
Default Motorist beaten by bike gang

Not real sure what to make of this. (Hey, I drive an old Land Rover, but ride bikes, too!) From what I can tell, the Landy driver bumped-over one of the dual-sport riders (when the DS rider was in front of him, kinda ****-eyed, on one of the exit-access ramps(?) at about the 5:00min mark in the vid. Mention is made in the article, that 1. the/a rider may be left paraplegic, and 2. the driver received face and chest lacerations as a result of being pulled from his Landy and beaten.

This is "bad" all the way around. Rule #1 is, cage drivers, don't lose your cool in the middle of a gang of bikes; just let them move out of your way. Rule #2, if you accidentally HIT one of the bikes, man-up and do the right thing. You will NOT get away from the pack, and they will HURT you.

NYC Motorist Beaten by Gang of Motorcyclists | Video

Old 10-01-2013, 08:29 PM
1st Gear Member

The problem is the video starts well into the incident. The guy in the Range Rover should have called 911 as soon as things started to escalate. As motorcyclists we have all encounter A-holes in cars so I tend to side with the bikers. But you never know what led up to it. Maybe a biker side-swiped his car by riding recklessly and the driver got pissed.

Old 10-02-2013, 12:17 PM
1st Gear Member

This topic became a heated & lengthy thread over on another bike forum I'm on. Lines quickly got drawn between those who support the bikers and those who claim they would have done the same thing, or worse, as the SUV driver. Lots of childish insults resulted.

I think it needs to be noted that the so-called Hollywood Stuntz ride was reportedly a loosely organized event and "the bikers" can't all be painted with the same brush. Some were reckless *********, most were not.

Old 10-02-2013, 03:48 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Wife: Biker husband is victim in NYC altercation

This video footage isn't much better, but does show a biker slowing down as he weaves to the right, in front of the Landy. I'm guessing this is the biker who got squashed, (and NOT the one on the DS in the video link above^.)
I hear what you're saying, GoCy^. I DO place a lot of the blame on the Landy driver for getting into close quarters with a group of bikers, and then losing his composure and leaving the scene after the accident. Really; how did he THINK the bikers were going to respond, seeing their friend run-over?? (I don't really care for group rides, for exactly this reason.)

Old 10-02-2013, 06:17 PM
1st Gear Member

It was said that the bikers were trying to slow/stop traffic on the highway so stunts could be filmed ahead. Was this what the gray/silver bike was trying to accomplish when it was bumped from behind? I believe this rider was ticketed for several violations including reckless driving.
This may have turned out differently if the guys' wife and 2 yr old were not with him. You just don't put a family man in such a high stress situation and not expect him to come fighting out of the corner he was backed into.
So far I know of one man beaten, one with a leg injury, another man paralyzed, several bikes destroyed, a beat up Land Rover, and a traumatized child. Was all of this worth trying to video some stunts on a public highway?

Last edited by JaMan; 10-03-2013 at 08:00 PM.
Old 10-02-2013, 07:51 PM
1st Gear Member

That there is just a giant pile of stupid. It looks like using a motorcycle to brake-check a Landy may not be in anyone's best interests.

Old 10-08-2013, 07:26 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member
Old 10-08-2013, 09:31 PM
1st Gear Member

The guy that slowed down and got hit by the Range Rover did an interview last night with his attorney by his side saying he wasn't intentionally slowing down citing his brake lights never lit up. I thought that was a ridiculous excuse because we all know as soon as you let of the throttle you slow down unlike a car. So the argument he didn't do it intentionally is bull-$hit.

Old 10-08-2013, 11:08 PM
1st Gear Member

Am I the only one stuck on the fact there were at least THREE COPS in that pack?

Undercover cop arrested in biker gang’s SUV attack | New York Post

Several cops may have watched biker beatdown | New York Post

(CBS News) At least three off-duty police officers say they were part of a motorcycle group that was involved in a violent assault of an SUV driver last weekend in New York City.

Off-duty police officers part of group involved in NYC motorcycle road rage incident - CBS News

One involved is a sargeant.

ETA: one cop now charged with rioting and criminal mischief. A ten year veteran of the thin blue line. Video has him beating the window on the Landy.

Last edited by Fuller_Malarkey; 10-08-2013 at 11:26 PM.
Old 10-09-2013, 04:44 PM
1st Gear Member

I heard about that too. I can see an undercover cop not doing anything for fear of blowing is cover, but to participate is reprehensible.

Quick Reply: Motorist beaten by bike gang