Sights 'N Sounds Upload and Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for video's pertaining to Kawasaki's, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, and Off Topic.

Another 500 Miles... Mountain Loop Hwy - WA

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 11:45 PM
Default RE: Another 500 Miles... Mountain Loop Hwy - WA

ORIGINAL: bluebird
I was amazed at how clear the road looked! I just really hate seeing snow at the moment - it was a long winter!!
Diggit... We're not really getting any new snow... it's all starting to melt... I don't know whether to be happy or sad because I used to love winters for snowboarding, and now I love summer for biking... Maybe I could strap my snowboard to my back and head up there... There's a couple of crazy places where I could park off to the side and take a few rides...

Old 05-24-2006, 07:40 PM
Super Moderator

Now that would be hilarious! Some guy cruising down the road on a sport bike with a snowboard across his back! If you ever do that - you better make sure you get pics!! I hear ya though - I do like winter - skiing, snowmobiling, building snowmen with my daughter, and snowball fights! But I like summer better, even with all the damn bugs! For some reason being out in the open air and the sun on either the bike or the boat, ya just can't beat that!

Old 05-24-2006, 09:46 PM

Now that would be hilarious! Some guy cruising down the road on a sport bike with a snowboard across his back! If you ever do that - you better make sure you get pics!! I hear ya though - I do like winter - skiing, snowmobiling, building snowmen with my daughter, and snowball fights! But I like summer better, even with all the damn bugs! For some reason being out in the open air and the sun on either the bike or the boat, ya just can't beat that!
I'd actually thought about it quite a bit... Only problem would be the wind catching the board and pulling me off the bike... But other than that... I like the idea.

Old 05-24-2006, 10:09 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Gerg

I'd actually thought about it quite a bit... Only problem would be the wind catching the board and pulling me off the bike... But other than that... I like the idea.
Just hang on real tight and you could fly!

Old 05-24-2006, 11:19 PM

Heh... I don't ride fast... I fly low.

Old 05-24-2006, 11:53 PM

I have been on that ride before I love washington pass lots of good corners I usually go to winthrop and go back. The rest of the ride is pretty much straight if you make the whole loop. I got hit with a 225.00 ticket for going 80 in a 60 on the other side of the pass, im just glad he didnt catch me doing 80 in the 50 zone a few miles back.I invested in a radar detector with an ear piece, this thing has saved me hundreds of dallars and possible jail time.

Old 05-25-2006, 12:12 AM

Right on, it was my first time out that way... The weekend before I did 542 up to Baker and back. I stopped in Winthrop for lunch (well, 5:30.. so dinner?) and decided to just run it the rest of the way. Definately a lot flatter and less curvy on the way back. That's also where I met up with the Sheriff in my Radar Detector post... on the east side of HWY2.

Lake Steven's eh? We should hook up for a ride... You can be up front...