PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

2001 KDX200 In NEW YORK! VERY NICE BIKE!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 10:55 PM
Default 2001 KDX200 In NEW YORK! VERY NICE BIKE!

2001 KAWASAKI KDX200
$2,500 OBO
Located inGloversville, NY 12078

This is an excellent 2 stroke trail, play or racing bike with plenty of power, suspension and great handling.
The bike has not been ridden much or hard at all. This bike has been Very well maintained and runs excellent. Still has original tires, sprockets, rear brakes etc. I replaced the front ones not too long ago. The bike is bone stock. I am the second owner of this and the first owner put 69 miles on it in the 5 years he owned it. I still have a trip meter but it is broken, when I bought it I took it off because it looked stupid. since then something in my garage fell on it and broke it but still says 69 miles! Since I have owned it I would say I put another 50 on it! so all in all this bike would be considered still not broke in. I replaced the rear fender with a sleak one, to get rid of the light, and I removed the front light also and put the plastic plate there. Just makes the bike look better. You will revieve both of them and they are also pictured also. The plastic radiator shrouds on the side have some scratches from getting on and off the bike, and there is a chip here and there in the paint from the little use it has had, but otherwise still like new! First owner bought this BRAND NEW from DDS Motor Sports in UTICA, NY and paid a little shy of $4,400 with Tax,Title and fees! I have title in hand from first owner ready to go. I never registered it so I still got the title same way as when I bought it. No real reason for selling it, I just dont use it as much as I thought I would. I have a 4 wheeler and spend more time with that when I do find spare time. Great Bike, Great Shape, Great Deal!

One of the most favored off-road motorcycles of all time is the Kawasaki KDX200. That’s because its friendly yet spirited powerband and great handling chassis make it the ultimate trail bike.

The KDX200’s 198cc liquid-cooled, two-stroke engine features Kawasaki’s Integrated Power Valve System (KIPS), which helps spread power over a wide rpm range. The compact engine is supported by a high-tensile steel perimeter frame, which is based on Kawasaki’s championship-winning KX motocross models. The 26.5-degree steering angle and short wheelbase contribute to the KDX200’s quick-handling nature, and advanced suspension components give it a smooth ride over a wide range of terrain.

The KDX200 comes fully loaded with enough equipment to make it at home on any of America’s designated trail systems. Standard fare includes headlight and taillight, hand guards to fend off brush, snail-type chain adjusters for quick rear-wheel removal and chain adjustment, an odometer, a rear fender bag for tools or other supplies, a U.S. Forest Service-approved spark arrestor and a large-but-slim, 2.9-gallon fuel tank with reserve petcock.

GENERAL INFORMATION

Manufacturer Kawasaki
Model Year 2001
Model KDX 200
MSRP $4,199.00

POWERTRAIN
Engine 198cc, Liquid cooled, 2-stroke, single cylinder w/KIPS
Displacement 198cc
Bore x Stroke 66.0 x 58.0mm
Compression Ratio high speed: 7.9:1
low speed: 9.4:1

DRIVETRAIN
Carburetion Kleihin PWK35
Ignition Electronic CDI
Transmission 6-Speed

DIMENSIONS
Frame High-tensile steel perimeter design with aluminum subframe
Length 83.5"
Width 35.0"
Height 48.4"
Wheelbase 50.8 in.
Seat Height 36.2"
Ground Clearance 13.4"
Dry Weight 222.6 lbs.
Fuel Capacity 2.9 gal.

Colors Lime Green
Suspension Front: 43mm conventional fork, preload, 20-way compression damping adj., 11.4" of travel
Rear: Uni-trak single shock, adj. preload, 20-way compression and 18-way rebound damping, 11.8" of travel
Brakes Front: Hydraulic Disc
Rear: Disc
Tires Front: 80/100 x 21
Rear: 100/100 x 18

Here are a Couple Rider Reviews

(1) 2002 KDX 200 CAN GO PLACES AND DO THINGS THAT OTHER BIKES CAN'T DO. I HAVE YET TO FIND A TRAIL OR MOUNTAIN THAT MY KDX CAN'T HANDLE. JUST THROW ON AN FMF GNARLY PIPE AND TURBINE CORE 2 SPARK ARRESTER,AND LEAN IT OUT JUST A TAD AND YOU WILL BE PULLING WHEELIES ALL OVER THE PLACE.KXD 200+FMF PIPE/SILENCER=MASSIVE TORQUE.

(2) After a 20 year hiatus from riding, I decided to purchase a KDX 200. I'd owned a Maico Enduro and a Honda CR 250 and was really used to torquey engines. I like the KDX because for one thing, it's relatively cheap at a little over $4,000 and Parts are plentiful, and modifications are easy. This bike will and can grow with you. As your skills and abilities increase you can modify the engine, suspension, etc..to fit your needs. I'll just keep scootin' along on my KDX. Great Bike, Great Price, Great Fun!

(3)THE 2002 KDX200 IS BY FAR THE BEST DIRTBIKE EVER!!!! NO MORE NEEDS TO BE SAID, IT SPEAKS LOUD AND CLEAR FOR ITSELF. IF YOU WANT A GOOD,RELIABLE,FAST,FAST(OOPS, DID I SAY THAT TWICE?)DIRTBIKE THIS IS IT, HANDS DOWN!!! NOT FAST ENOUGH, SLAP ON A RACING PIPE AND (WOW) HANG THE HELL ON.

[IMG]local://upfiles/7543/DDBC62DF3D804999A32173E059B2802D.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/7543/E680670BC2B94BD98EF2ED9D54EE6874.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/7543/71501730FFAB4AA3AC226A701127D1DF.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfi