Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

serious ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 06:25 AM
Default serious ?

K, So, I am planning a vacation for the King and I and I am very sorry but, I do smoke. All of a sudden after 10 yrs of marriage , He, All of a sudden, hates it! I don't smoke in my house or around my children but if I am going on vacation, I want to relax and get a smoking room! Is this very wrong of me? He knew this 10 YRS AGO!!!!!!! And as quite a few of you know I do have 4 children, so for me to relax and have a smoke or 2 ( I only smoke 4 a day) Is that so wrong? He won't go if it's a smoking room, so what do I do?

Old 02-02-2006, 06:49 AM
Default RE: serious ?

My wife smokes and I don't.

So is he against you smoking at all? Is he trying to get you to quite? Is he just against getting the smoking room?

I can see both sides regardless, but I have to side with him (not just because we're men). I understand you want to relax on your vacation, but what kind of vacatin would it be for him if he's in an environment he doesn't enjoy or want to be in? It's not a vacation at that point. I can see if you smoke inside at home, but you don't sooooooo .... he's got a valid argument.

BUT then again, you want to relax too and enjoy your vacation, because after all, it is YOUR vacation too. This is when marrage sucks!! [sm=icon_beat.gif]

I think I need a cigarette now. LOL

Old 02-02-2006, 07:44 AM
Super Moderator

wow, what the hell is up his butt.... i don't see how all of a sudden he could do an about face and tell you that he's tired of your smoking and will not go if you continue to smoke.... that makes no sence... and i'm sure your not gonna try and hide that behind his bad... wow!!!!!!!! has he tried to talk to you about that before? i really don't know what to tell you.... but that really sux.... sorry baby girl.... i'll pm you and we'll talk...

Old 02-02-2006, 07:48 AM
1st Gear Member

will he compromise for a room w/ a balconey?

Old 02-02-2006, 02:51 PM
1st Gear Member

That's what i was going to say how about getting a room with a balconey, That way he shouldn't be able to say no that way you'll both be able to relax. I know what your going through right now. I smoke and my wife doesn't.

Old 02-02-2006, 03:34 PM

[sm=shootshoot.gif] your husband !!!!!!!!

Old 02-02-2006, 03:58 PM

Thanks guys, I am totally for a room with a balcony. But if I can't find one I don't know what to do. I told him I'd hang my head out the window and I have no prob with that but, He's so friggen stubborn!! But, for him to try to get me to quit when I really don't want to sucks! I'm going to bring him on Maury for the controlling husbands show [:@]!!!

Old 02-02-2006, 04:53 PM

He needs to understand how hard it really is to quit. It's not as easy as snapping your fingers or even getting support from those classes. Unless YOU want to quite you won't be able to. I'm telling you, you won't. If that mind is not prepared then you’re not ready. And trust me it's hard. You feel depressed a lot (take it from me and I am usually the happiest person) you get frustrated. It's not easy girl and lets say you are mentally ready, is he ready to support and be there for you at all times?

Not trying to depress anyone here, but just speaking the truth about it all. I just did it over 2 months ago. And I still sometimes find it hard.

Old 02-02-2006, 07:22 PM

I totally wanted to quit about 2 months ago but, he rides me so much about it that I said frig it. He's stressing me out so much that he makes me want to smoke!!! [:@]

Old 02-02-2006, 07:28 PM
1st Gear Member

I quit for 2 years and went back to it. I'm so po'd at myself for smoking again [:@]

I'd love to be able to kick the habit tho...

Quick Reply: serious ?