Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

selling my bike

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2006, 08:30 PM
1st Gear Member
Default selling my bike

I think I'm going to sell my bike guys. It sux, but I need to. I got a quote online for full cov... and they wanted like 9g fore the year. Thats like around 800 a month,(due to the dui,1speeding) wow... I'm sorry but I cant afford that, and even if I could I wouldnt pay that much. Liability now thats another story, I can afford that. The only prob... with that is I dont feel safe ridin around on just liability. I dont know its kinda up in the air right now, my friend brought it to my att.... that he is interested in my bike if I do. There just priorities that need taking care of and holding on to this bike is just hurting me $$$ wise.

Old 01-23-2006, 01:53 AM
Default RE: selling my bike

Dude that sucks. Sorry to hear about your problems man. Take care brotha man.

Old 01-23-2006, 02:15 AM
Super Moderator

hey bro, i have an an insurance guy that is pretty damb good.... if you want i could PM you his number and you could give him a call.... try him out first before you give up the bike...

Old 01-23-2006, 08:01 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Do not give up your ride if you can. I take it that you financed the ride? Hence the full coverage also? Will have to agree that this is some steep insurance rates/payments per month though. If it is paid off, a good time to race and pay the $800/mo towards that instead of insurance. Just my 2 cents.

Old 01-23-2006, 09:20 AM
1st Gear Member

yea, like I said its just up in the air right now. I really do want to keep the bike, its just this dui thing is really going to do some damage to my pockets. My court date was on the 20th of this month, but they didnt have my case ready...the lady told me a few more months... thats great now I have to wait longer...I think the fate of my bike will depend on the amount of my fine, ect...

Old 01-23-2006, 03:35 PM
Super Moderator

That sucks! Sorry to hear that you might have to sell it. Hopefully there will be a way around it. I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya!

Old 01-23-2006, 09:46 PM
1st Gear Member

Dude check out liberty mutual. u need to have another vehicle insured with them but they dont check you driving history for motorcycle ins.

Old 01-24-2006, 05:34 AM
1st Gear Member

056r are u sure bout that no history check for bike ins????

Old 01-24-2006, 05:38 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

The good thing lemac, you just gained some responsiblity lessons here with that ordeal. Trade offs really suck. My example was getting popped for 176 in a 55mph zone and the judge only fined me for half of the $5000 fine. But that did not take care of the license or the insurance issues for a few yrs after that even after paying the fine off. That tends to linger on for aspell. So pay the baby off, pay the insurance until then of course. Things will get better.

Old 01-24-2006, 07:46 AM
1st Gear Member

Well I been doing alot of thinking in this short amount of time, and dec to keep my baby I cant get rid of her. I'll just tough it out and roll with the punches. btw thanks everyone for your support or info...

Quick Reply: selling my bike