Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

our female riders

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2005, 03:17 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: our female riders

Let me tell ya, its nice to see that chivalry is not dead! I love it when a guy actually goes out of his way to open a door for me, or offer to carry something for me. Never had a guy open the car door for me though!

Old 09-16-2005, 03:43 PM

It's kinda uncommon for me. I never had a guy open the door for me, carry something for me or anything like that. I'm more independent now cause of that, but if a guy was to open a door for me today, I think my first reaction would be bashful, because that was a nice gesture and too I would be in awww. and be like "wow, thanks".

Old 09-16-2005, 04:13 PM

There's a right way to treat a lady and a wrong way, and it all comes down to respect. I think guys should open doors, carry things, etc for a lady, it shows consideration, respect and the ability to put someone else first. My wife, and the girlfriend I was with before that both appreciated it when I held doors, or met them outside when they got home from the grocery store to bring the stuff in, but for me it was just the ways things should be....Gerg, there will always be those types of women, and it's a good thing..helps us appreciate 'real' women all the more...

Old 09-16-2005, 04:40 PM
Super Moderator

I always meet my wife to help carry in what ever she has and if I am walking into say Starbucks to get coffee and a woman is behind me I get the door and allow her to enter first.

The door gesture has sparked dozens of conversations with some nice girls that have turned into some interesting relations. Yea I like chivalry.

Old 09-16-2005, 06:32 PM
Super Moderator

then you get some water head dude who just doesn't get it. i was at an IKEA in the parking lot when this guy, with two other girls. the girls were pushing the chart and the guy was on his cell phone. these girl were tiny. you know lil asian girls. and the chart had alot of big stuff in it. while the girl were struggling to get the stuff in a small *** honda, the guy stayed on his cell phone. what the hell is that all about. is the call to his body or what ever that important? i ended up getting out of my car, cause i couldn't take it anymore and helped the girls. the dude just looked at me. you know that "what are you doing" look. then i looked at him and said "your welcome" and walked away.. those guys need a shot in the ***. [:'(]

Old 09-16-2005, 06:43 PM
Super Moderator

If a guy (one that I don't know) offers to help me with something, I will usually (there have been some exceptions though) say no thanks, but I will thank that person for the offer. Reason being, there are some people out there that don't always have good intentions. Being a woman these days, you have got to watch your back, there are a lot of weirdos out there unfortunately.

Glad that you helped those girls out MK! I am sure they appreciated it.

Old 09-16-2005, 06:58 PM

Wow, that sure sparked some reactions...

ORIGINAL: petezzr
Gerg, there will always be those types of women, and it's a good thing..helps us appreciate 'real' women all the more...
How true! I never really noticed, or appreciated the "thank you" I got for doing it before. But I sure do now!

ORIGINAL: littledevil
It's kinda uncommon for me. I never had a guy open the door for me, carry something for me or anything like that. I'm more independent now cause of that, but if a guy was to open a door for me today, I think my first reaction would be bashful, because that was a nice gesture and too I would be in awww. and be like "wow, thanks".
Being independent is great. Some of the girls I'm around a lot actually make a point of racing me to the door to see who can open it for who first, it's playful, it's fun, and I enjoy it. Bashful can be quite cute too, I see that reaction pretty regularly and it just makes me smile, knowing it's appreciated and such. Never had a guy open a door for you? Wow... Maybe you're just hanging around the wrong people...?

ORIGINAL: MAD KAW
i ended up getting out of my car, cause i couldn't take it anymore and helped the girls. the dude just looked at me. you know that "what are you doing" look. then i looked at him and said "your welcome" and walked away.. those guys need a shot in the ***. [:'(]
HAH! Niiice! I've stopped to help groups of women before, but never seen the guy they were with not helping... That's just plain wrong. They should've drove off and left him standing in the parking lot with his precious cell phone.

And yes Notstock... I like chivalry too

Old 09-16-2005, 07:00 PM
Super Moderator

they did, but the guy don't. i didn't really give a flying fart about the guy anyway... but ya the girls thanked me.

Old 09-16-2005, 07:19 PM

ORIGINAL: bluebird
If a guy (one that I don't know) offers to help me with something, I will usually (there have been some exceptions though) say no thanks, but I will thank that person for the offer. Reason being, there are some people out there that don't always have good intentions. Being a woman these days, you have got to watch your back, there are a lot of weirdos out there unfortunately.
True, true... Though I'll still get the door for pretty much anyone, whether I know them or not, I can see how doing much more than that can make a woman uncomfortable if she's alone. I'll probably just leave it be unless we're in a "safe" environment or there's a group.

-g

Old 09-16-2005, 07:29 PM

ORIGINAL: bluebird

Glad that you helped those girls out MK! I am sure they appreciated it.
I can certainly understand that, and if I offered and 'she' said no thanks, I'd totally understand!! I have also come ot understand that on a hot day, getting into a car in the parking lot, it is generally preferred that I just get in and get the A/C going, rather than holding the door and then she's cooking while I go around and get in...that just makes sense though.

MAD KAW, good for you, man!! I do know that there are cultural differences involved (my wife's from PR, and the Spanish ways traditionally are not the same), and I've gotten pi**ed off seeing the way some of her friends/family have been treated, but it's no biggie to them, it's just the way it should be. I'll stick to my way!! I'm old fashioned in many ways, and women (to me) are to be cherished, and opening doors etc is just how a man shows that. It's never meant to indicate that I don't think she can do it herself, just that she shouldn't have to. I'm not intimidated by a woman that doesn't like/want that, just as a woman who turns her own wrenches on her car/bike is a cool thing, but it doesn't mean I can't treat them as I should....

Quick Reply: our female riders