Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

MSF Noob Report (A little bit long)

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2005, 04:50 AM
1st Gear Member
Default MSF Noob Report (A little bit long)

All right then, first day of MSF, or rather, first night. My course is layed out a little differently, perhaps because it is done through the local Harley Davidson dealership (Earl Smalls Harley in GA, course is called Rider's Edge) that hooked up with MSF about 5 years ago. Thursday and Friday we come in at 5:30-9, Saturday and Sunday is 8-6 and Monday is another 5:30-9. So far so good. We went through a lot of theory, pretty much book stuff. Probably more of that tomorrow. Can't wait to get my butt on a bike and ride already! Patience, young Padawan, patience.

For anyone out there thinking about getting on a bike for the first time, please consider this course as it teaches you techniques that friends, family members or yourself could not impart. Granted it is not the be all and end all of riding but it is indeed a good start. Keep it rubber side down everyone, gear up and ride safe!

Old 10-21-2005, 04:54 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: MSF Noob Report (A little bit long)

[sm=exactly.gif]

and do not get excited, grab a fist full of front brake and turn lol

Old 10-21-2005, 07:25 AM
Super Moderator

i'm glad your taking the MSF course... i never took it and for that i learned the hard way..... but hey i learned.... lol lol lol lol. 12 years later i'm still here.....

Old 10-21-2005, 03:34 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Notstock

[sm=exactly.gif]

Definately don't do that! I did, it isn't fun - I didn't get hurt, heck the bike went down and I sort of jumped off it and landed on my feet beside it , but not everyone can pull that one!

Enjoy the MSF and keep us posted!

Old 10-21-2005, 06:10 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: bluebird

ORIGINAL: Notstock

[sm=exactly.gif]

Definately don't do that! I did, it isn't fun - I didn't get hurt, heck the bike went down and I sort of jumped off it and landed on my feet beside it , but not everyone can pull that one!

Enjoy the MSF and keep us posted!
no your right, not everyone can land on their feet. everyone i've seen do that always either lands under the bike or beside it... but bluebird has reflexes like a cat....

Old 10-21-2005, 07:57 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: MAD KAW
no your right, not everyone can land on their feet. everyone i've seen do that always either lands under the bike or beside it... but bluebird has reflexes like a cat....
I just don't like to fall down!! I used to ride horses several years ago and was thrown off - I somehow managed to somersault over the horse's head and landed on my feet in front of the horse, still holding the reins. Don't ask me how I managed that (I guess it looked pretty spectacular!) like I said, I don't like to "hit the dirt".

Old 10-21-2005, 08:15 PM
Super Moderator

I just don't like to fall down!! I used to ride horses several years ago and was thrown off - I somehow managed to somersault over the horse's head and landed on my feet in front of the horse, still holding the reins. Don't ask me how I managed that (I guess it looked pretty spectacular!) like I said, I don't like to "hit the dirt".

so in a past life you must have been involved with the circus or something...... lol lol lol

Old 10-21-2005, 09:50 PM
1st Gear Member

Mmmmm...flexible...me likes!

Old 10-21-2005, 10:05 PM
Super Moderator

so in a past life you must have been involved with the circus or something...... lol lol lol
Must have!! lol

Old 10-21-2005, 10:27 PM
1st Gear Member

The MSF course is definately a must do. I learned alot in mine and bought my bike the week after. probably would have done soemthing dumb and f'ed my bike up if i didnt take that class. Cant wait till next year im gonna sign up for the experienced rider msf. should be a good time, cant wait to see the looks on all the cruisers faces when i pull in on my rocket LOL.

Quick Reply: MSF Noob Report (A little bit long)