Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Jello Shooters

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 04:53 PM
Super Moderator
Default Jello Shooters

Just an odd question - how the heck to you keep them from sticking to the stupid plastic cup? Does anyone know?

Old 10-03-2005, 04:55 PM
Default RE: Jello Shooters

no, can't answer the ?, but I'd love to know why you're asking....sounds like a rough weekend...

Old 10-03-2005, 05:18 PM
1st Gear Member

What I do is freeze or chill until it becomes firm. You can also increase liquid & pour into individual cups for a softer shooter. Decrease liquids and pour into a wax paper lined pan if you want to cut them into shapes. That'll be 2 cents please.

Old 10-03-2005, 05:28 PM
Super Moderator

Umm, yeah it was a rough Saturday night! Last time we did jello shooters, we put them in an ice cube tray and dug em out with spoons. It wasn't too bad, but it was a pain waiting to get the tray back!

Anyways this time we did them in the plastic cups - it wasn't too bad but underneath my tongue hurts like an SOB!!! Just from consuming way, way too many of them!

But I learned a brand new (to me anyways) awesome combination - Rasberry jello and Jack Daniels, trust me its good, real good!

Thanks Mr. Toad, I think I try cutting them into shapes next time, sounds like they'll be easier on me!

Old 10-03-2005, 05:57 PM

ORIGINAL: bluebird

Umm, yeah it was a rough Saturday night! Last time we did jello shooters, we put them in an ice cube tray and dug em out with spoons. It wasn't too bad, but it was a pain waiting to get the tray back!

Anyways this time we did them in the plastic cups - it wasn't too bad but underneath my tongue hurts like an SOB!!! Just from consuming way, way too many of them!

But I learned a brand new (to me anyways) awesome combination - Rasberry jello and Jack Daniels, trust me its good, real good!

Thanks Mr. Toad, I think I try cutting them into shapes next time, sounds like they'll be easier on me!
I'm not much of a drinker (Dad drank enough for all of us and I've always been afraid to follow his pattern, even though he quit 35 years ago), however, I do still enjoy an adult beverage or 6 from time to time - Raspberry Jello and JD sounds like a good combo...Let me guess....the camera was well hidden before the festivities began....

Old 10-03-2005, 06:38 PM
Super Moderator

Actually I completely forgot about my camera! I was up Saturday morning at 8 am to take my daughter to her dance class, then off to my parents to drop her off, went back home and got the bike, drove for 100 or so miles and then had to rush back home to grap all the liquor (since I was the one supplying for the jello shooters!). I'm telling ya, I was almost running around like a chicken with my head cut off!

You wouldn't have wanted to see pics from that night - I can guarantee it! [sm=partyparty.gif]

Old 10-03-2005, 06:44 PM

The last time I had jello shooters, they were too thick and I had to suck way too hard. Frustrating to say the least. Jack and raspberry, sounds good!!!

Old 10-03-2005, 07:01 PM

ORIGINAL: bluebird

You wouldn't have wanted to see pics from that night - I can guarantee it! [sm=partyparty.gif]
Umm...actually I bet they'd have been some fun pics to see....

(Mental note: she supplies her own liquor, add points for that)

Old 10-03-2005, 07:23 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: toad1025

The last time I had jello shooters, they were too thick and I had to suck way too hard. Frustrating to say the least. Jack and raspberry, sounds good!!!
You have GOT to try it - they were sooo good!

Pete, I suppose the pics wouldn't have been too bad, but then again.........pics of me drunk, would truly be hilarious! I'm just one of those people that gets a bit on the goofy side when drinking!

Old 10-03-2005, 07:38 PM

Yeah, everyone has a 'personality' when drunk, some are funny drunks, others are stupid drunks, others are violent drunks....I'm a funny drunk....everything is funny when I'm TUI (talking under the influence)...