Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

How did you meet your S.O.?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 03:43 PM
Default How did you meet your S.O.?

Since so many of us are waxing poetic about our S.O.'s, kissing, etc....(and it seems many of us muse about how it's funny the way things work out), let's hear your story... how did you meet your current S.O./spouse?

Old 11-15-2005, 03:45 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: How did you meet your S.O.?

Curise to Cabo.

Old 11-15-2005, 04:00 PM

I met mine at church....saw her from a distance and the ol' radar woke right up, then I found out she wasn't available.....we knew each other real casually ('hi' & 'bye') for about 2 years before we really started talking, by which time she was available, and it took off from there. [sm=Awwww.gif][sm=drlove.gif]

Old 11-15-2005, 06:57 PM

Actually knew my husband John since I was about 13. He was The "movie theater guy" which, back in the day was a really cool job to have. My friend had a crush on him and I thought he was a big jerk!! He was 18 at the time. We hung in the same crowd all through my teenage years and I really hated him! He would come to a party and I would leave! Once when I was about 18 he cornered me and told me " take your clothes off that's all youre good for" But he was the cool guitar player in the most popular band so, you know how that goes, noone came to my rescue. I moved to the city and didn't see him for about 3yrs. I was in bands too so, I met up with one of his friends and we went to a house to "jam" and he was there. We all of a sudden clicked. A few weeks later his friend I was hanging with called me and said he just beat up his girlfriend and he was coming to get me to go to Cali. YEAH RIGHT!!!!! Well I called John to ask him what happened, thought nothing of it hung up and about 3 mins. later he called back and asked me if if I wanted to go for a ride, well duh, of course! Gets a girl every time! Been together ever since 10 mos after that ride we had our first son and a yr after that we were married! Funny how things happen. Long story I know but I have to laugh at the fact that I married my worst enemy LOL.

Old 11-15-2005, 07:09 PM
Super Moderator

opposites do attract.... good for you... and how many kids do you guys have now 12? lol lol

Old 11-15-2005, 08:18 PM

I suppose I should get to answerin' my own question.... Chris (the boyfriend) and I actually met via another sportbike forum, I guess not quite two years ago. A friend of mine had a bike for sale, which I'd posted for him, and Chris PM'd me for details on it. Long story short, we kinda developed a friendship via PM's and emails (yeah, okay, so we only lived about 5 miles from each other, but I had a boyfriend at the time!), and came to realize we knew a few people in common.... I always thought he was super cute, and just the NICEST guy, and I was constantly trying to set him up with girls I knew (which he always politely declined).

Fast forward a few months, I no longer have the afore-mentioned boyfriend, and Chris and I are talking more regularly (and have hung out a couple times). A few friends and I were headed to this little Irish pub near my house one night, so I asked if he wanted to join us. Well, as luck would have it, none of my other friends showed up (it must have been a sign), but Chris did, and we sat there for hours just chattin'... it was that night that I realized he wasn't just super cute, but uber-HOT.... I was shamelessly flirting with him, but had no idea if he was even the least bit interested in me. Lucky for me, he WAS (which I later learned was the reason behind him turning down my attempts to set him up with other girls)..... We've been together a year as of last August, and cuold not be happier.

But we always laugh that we can tell people we met on the internet!

Old 11-15-2005, 09:24 PM

I gave her $1000 to stay the night , bought her some nice clothes, then let her drive my Ferrari, after that things just worked out

Old 11-15-2005, 09:45 PM

HAHAHAHA............... FUNNY [sm=funnypostabove.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Old 11-15-2005, 11:01 PM

ORIGINAL: Shane250

I gave her $1000 to stay the night , bought her some nice clothes, then let her drive my Ferrari, after that things just worked out
I bet they did...and you have the advantage of being able to make that deal with any number of 'prospective significant others' whenever the mood strikes!!

Old 11-15-2005, 11:15 PM

I was actually making a joke reference to "Pretty Woman", meaning i was Richard Gere. I think Shon got it. Maybe not. Anyways i probably look more like adam sandler which makes me lucky cuz my wife is a hottie!

We actually met in our home town of Sturgis, SD. We are both from their, i was working in a restraunt their and was trying to hook up with her, she wasnt interested, so i broke out the big guns ( i brought my kids in) they were 2 and 3 at the time. She couldnt resist after that. HAHA i know thats weak, use your kids. but it worked

Quick Reply: How did you meet your S.O.?