Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Hangin it up already without even starting

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2005, 12:49 AM
Default Hangin it up already without even starting

I've decided not take up street riding. I got back from vacation in Florida two weeks ago and started up the bike. Took it for a quik spin around the park (I live in a mobile home park) and got this bad gut feeling. Something wasnt clicking about the whole situation. Something was nagging me not to ride it. Now I know all of you are thinking I dumped it, but no, that didnt happen (thankfully) but I just had this mojo that something bad was to come of me owning and riding this bike. So last night my best friend (and owner of the bike) came over and picked it up. We've got another freind of ours that wants to buy it in the spring for his girlfriend to ride. I had fun working on it and fixing it up, but something deep down told me it wasn't for me, so I listened for a change. (Last time it told me not to buy my Camaro, which was repo'd 3 years later) At least this time I didnt lose anything but about $20 in spray paint and sandpaper. I guess Ill stick to 4 wheels and things will feel that much better ( I am still determined to legalize a quad for street use in New England!)

Old 10-04-2005, 03:18 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Hangin it up already without even starting

Sorry to hear that devestator. [&o]

You'll get bitten by the bug again someday. And then, vroooom vrooooooom!

Old 10-04-2005, 03:44 AM

well if it aint for you then it aint for you. just be cool in all you do.

Old 10-04-2005, 03:55 AM
Super Moderator

hey bro, you should listen to those voices in your head telling you the right thing to do. we all get them. and i believe those voices are there for a reason. if it doesn't feel right, then you did the right thing. i'll get those voices while right sometimes. sometime i'll listen and when i do i've been able to avoid a hairy situation. but when i don't bad things happen. i know it sound weird, but i know and feel that my freind (KALVIN) is up there is watching me. so maybe someday. your still apart of this forum so keep in touch...

Old 10-04-2005, 03:58 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

wow..the voices only tell me to do stupid things!

Old 10-04-2005, 04:23 AM
Super Moderator

lol lol lol lol.. but you listen....

Old 10-04-2005, 03:46 PM
Super Moderator

devestator - good call in my opinion! I'd rather see you still around here that something happen to you. Sometimes those gut feelings creep me out. I get them periodically and I listen to them as well. Stick around, even though you are bikeless, you are still welcome around here!

Just think - now you can get the BFG's you wanted!

Old 10-04-2005, 08:52 PM

Only you know what is best for you. Don't leave us though. We don't wanna lose you as a forumer (it's word today!). Stay safe, maybe the bug will bite again, but we all love you jsut the same![sm=Awwww.gif]

Old 10-04-2005, 09:06 PM

Glad to hear you made the wise choice. I gave this a class member in my riding course credit for not finishing the class because they just didn't feel right. Your protecting yourself and your protecting others.

These things happen for a reason, and if you notice on my bike, I have a guardian for those close encounters myself. See!

[IMG]local://upfiles/351/0BD98AC0F5BC4FB9B4AA23333F055899.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-04-2005, 09:18 PM

Nice lookin speedo Lil D. I too have a guardian angel on my bike. When I hear the bell ring, which most of the time I don't, I am usually going through somethign on the bike. By that I mean, rough roads, crazy no looking cagers, construction, excessive wind, something that perks up my focus.

Quick Reply: Hangin it up already without even starting