Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Gas Price's.....

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 05:11 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Gas Price's.....

ORIGINAL: kwninja88

ORIGINAL: Notstock

He would be dead before he finished announcing it [sm=shootshoot.gif] and it would probably be done by the cia paid by the oil companies.

kwninja88; nice write bro. Funny how it is so obvious. The Mafia had nothing on the oil companies or the government.

It's funny that you mention that. For a little bit of history on how the internal combustion engine developed, I'll take ya'll to the days of Rudolph Diesel. Obviously, he invented the Diesel engine, but in his initial tests he ran it off of fuel developed from peanut oil by the use of transesterification. The time period is late 1800's to 1913. Keep in mind that this is the time of Petrol booms, Black Gold Rush and Rockefeller's rise to monopolistic power with Standard Oil Company. Diesel drowned in 1913 while crossing the English channel. Now, if you were John Rockefeller, and some crazy German scientist came into the scientific field with this great new invention that could threaten your market hold and there was very little chance of retribution, what would you do?

http://encarta.msn.com/encyclopedia_...tian_Karl.html

and thanks!
Exactly! I personally know someone who applied for a US patent for a carburetor that would run an alternative fuel back in the early 80’s. He said that he was asked not to peruse his little project and that his patent had not been or would not be submitted in his lifetime.

He left the machine shop business and still has a nice little printing business he started in the mid 80’s.

I asked him once who had told him about not perusing his patent, he said he never asked but that they were very convincing.