Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Everyone please be careful

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2005, 04:26 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Everyone please be careful

Actually on my drive in to work this morning in the "cage" there was a bike ahead of me quite a ways. Another car passes me and then proceeds to catch up to the bike and rode his a$$. The car kept moving over almost like she was going to pass the bike on the inside. It really ticked me off! I just backed off the car in front of me, just in case she hit the bike or something. I can't believe some cagers!

Thanks for the reminder though Kevin - there have been a lot of accidents here this year too. Couple of fatal ones.

RIP - fellow 2 wheel riders.

Old 08-09-2005, 11:19 PM

Wow, well, i hate to say it but I got word of a fellow rider that went down here in Indy Sat. night. He was new to the riding scene, but a smart rider. 20 years old, coming down a well known, well traveled road and from what witnesses say, he must have lost control on an area of road that was under construction. He hit the guardrail, the bike went up into some trees, exploded, and he ended up in a ravine. He was just on his way to his gorl's house to change clothes. Fortunately, there was a nurse AND a doctor behid him that attended to him while the ambulance was on the way. His injuries; 2 broken legs, severed aorta, 2 collapsed lungs, among other broken bones. He is hanging on, but according to his mom, he's in grave condition. Young kid, I ws sad, but he was all geared up, jsut think if he wasn't! Cagers don't think, because they feel they are well protected and we should gt out of their way. Again, like I said on another thread, they don't think of the possibility of a "new rider" being something in existence. EVERYONE, BE CAREFUL. My buddies accident was just that, an accident, but no one is exempt from an accident. It can happen to anyone, PLEASE BE SAFE OUT THERE!!!!!

Old 08-10-2005, 02:08 AM
Super Moderator

God speed to your friend Toad.

Old 08-10-2005, 05:43 AM
Super Moderator

i'll pray for his speedy recovery.

Old 08-10-2005, 03:33 PM
Super Moderator

My prayers go out to him and his family, I hope he has a quick and full recovery.

Old 08-10-2005, 07:29 PM

Thanks guys. We haven't gotten an update for today yet, but Sean (his name) is a good kid and I'm sure it was a fluke that this happened. I appreceiate all the well wishes, you guys are the absolute BEST!!!![sm=thanx.gif]

Old 08-11-2005, 05:57 PM

Hey all, sad note to my story. My buddy passed away last night. He hung on from Saturday to last night.

AGAIN, ALL I CAN SAY TO EACH OF YOU IS PLEASE, PLEASE PLEASE, BE CAREFUL OUT THERE. ALWAYS GEAR UP, ALWAYS BE ALERT, WATCH EVERYTHING AROUND YOU.

RIDE SAFE!!!!!!

Old 08-11-2005, 07:51 PM
Super Moderator

My condolences to you and his family & friends.

RIP - fallen rider

Old 08-11-2005, 08:04 PM

Thanks for the message bluebird. I feel like crap now! I think about that sort of thing happening, but I never think it will be anyone I actually know. It's a sad day indeed, but your thoughts help!

Old 08-11-2005, 09:23 PM
1st Gear Member

I've lost 2 people I know. Back in the early 90s I always tried to ride with other *responsible* riders... you can still have a lot of fun on a sportbike and not be a complete nutjob about it... and yeah, from time to time we would kick it up a notch where appropriate... but in each of these instances - they got dumb. I hate to say that about friends of mine, but they did... one guy crossed centerline on a blind downhill curve going *way* too fast for the curve - a curve we have all taken a million times - met a full size bronco on the uphill. Another had a guy step out in front of him on a causeway in Indiana when he was doing 130+ at night... both parties in that one literally disintegrated.

Very sad indeed - I feel for you and your friend's family... and regardless of riding fully geared up or not... always be safe... have fun, but be safe, and grow eyes all around your head. Riding a bike was the most awakening experience for me as a driver/rider... made me 100x more aware of everything going on around me... cause you had to be.

Quick Reply: Everyone please be careful