Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Everyone please be careful

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2005, 05:28 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Everyone please be careful

Along with being a member of this forum, I am also a member of the ZRXOA. In recent weeks, there have been a lot of riders crashing. Two members of the ZRXOA lost their life in the last two weeks alone. One well loved member, Ytrap, crashed
last Saturday at a track day in Illinois. He hi-sided a turn and another bike hit him. He broke his collar bone, cracked a few ribs
and had major head injuries. He passed away this morning.

I'm not posting this to be morbid. I just want everyone to be careful. There are a lot of new riders here as well as veteran
riders. Anybody can crash. Ytrap was an excellent rider. Did track days all the time. But he still crashed.

Everyone, please pay attention out there. Don't assume people can see you. Ride like you are invisible. Make sure other drivers
see you. Stay out of blind spots. When behind cars, make sure you are where they can see you in their mirrors. Keep you thumb on the horn button. Nothing gets drivers attention like a loud pipe. In heavy town traffic, I ride in 3rd gear at a hi RPM so my Muzzy meg roars loudly. People hear me. Pisses them off, but they hear me.

Always be in a proper mental and physical state when riding. Being too tired slows reaction time. Have your mind on the road. Mentaly wondering off can be deadly. If you are out riding and something just doesn't feel right, go home and get the car.

Again, I'm sorry if this is a downer. I just want everyone to be around to enjoy motorcycling for many many more years.

Shannon (Ytrap) you will be missed.

Kevin
aka KevyzToy

Old 08-06-2005, 05:39 AM
Default RE: Everyone please be careful

Words well said Kevin. Always hate hearing that a rider passed away. Very good advise to ride by too.

Old 08-06-2005, 10:45 PM
Super Moderator

Amen Brother, Ytrap is hitting the twisties in the sky. Please everyone be careful out there. A police officer friend of mine, Was out riding with a friend of his who just bought a zx10. He's been riding for over 15 yrs. He had the bike for about 3 days.They where out riding on the highway going about 65. Then a car turn left in front of his friend. He t-boned the car flew about 40 feet broke alot of bones in his body. He had to be air lifted out. Thank god his friend is gonna make it. The good thing is, is that his friend doesn't remember anything. But my cop friend told me he wishes he could forget what he saw. The driver of the car said that he didn't see him. The rider had the Platnum color zx10. So pretty much blended with the road. So brothers and sisters please be careful out there. We all like to have fun. But lets all be safe about it.

Old 08-07-2005, 05:36 PM
Super Moderator

Always good to post a reminder. I myself got cut off and drop her just last Wednesday coming home from work. Sucks got some sore *** ribs and hip. The guy stopped about an 1/8 mile down the road for about 10 seconds and drove off. Hope karma catches up with him soon.

Ride safe bros.

Old 08-07-2005, 07:01 PM
Super Moderator

dude glad to know your ok. i hope the bike isn't too bad. but ya karma is a bitch. and the driver will be getting his. damb cagers. get well soon brother.

Old 08-07-2005, 10:21 PM

Being a new rider I just get chills down to the bone reading and hearing this stuff. Yesterday was my first day out on the road with my Hubby. My arms were shaking when we left the driveway! We got a few miles down the road and saw cars stopped and a bike on its side. My stomach was up in my throat. Thank God he was just having mechanical problems and stopped and then dropped the bike over.

But this summer there have been so many bad or fatal crashes around here. Someone told me that there were just as many last year but I pay more attention to it now since I started learning to ride...maybe so.

The ones that i just want to smack are the ones riding around with a helmet strapped to the back of the bike???? Or the guys with the gloves and no helmet???

Like I say...Don't be a Squid - Wear your Lid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-08-2005, 12:42 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks bro. Here is some pitures and proof that frame sliders are worth ever cent. This is from a 50 mph crash. Would have been much worse w/o the slider. The swing arm spool slider,( from redline stands), worked great.

ORIGINAL: MAD KAW

dude glad to know your ok. i hope the bike isn't too bad. but ya karma is a bitch. and the driver will be getting his. damb cagers. get well soon brother.

[IMG]local://upfiles/346/3F7614C5262C49A592D821420D289FD1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/346/2695701AB835473492DBF094C2716086.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/346/42D58F2B45EF44A88F7501EC9C1D4746.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-08-2005, 12:44 AM
Super Moderator

Speed master pants, this is the second hard hit in the same area in a year. Last time I had taken out the armor and messed up my knee pretty bad. With armor no knee damage at all.

Bastard made me scratch up my boots too. Had a couple of toe scraps from a previous track day, dam duck feet.

Dam helmet is only about 7 months old. Guess it is and excuse to have custom paint job.

Old 08-08-2005, 02:11 AM
Super Moderator

damb bro at least you were geared up. prime example that wearing your gear helps A LOT!!!!!!!!!!! most of all you were able to walk away. thank god brother. well time for some new gear..... and the bike is not in too bad of shape. hey most of all your able to ride . AMEN.......................[sm=hail.gif]

Old 08-08-2005, 02:25 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks Bro. I see so many foo's ridding in jeans and t-shirts I wear mine gear even when its 100. I was able, after a short time to regain my composer, to ride home. Been four days know and I am feeling better but still have some sore *** ribs.

Didn't mean to hijack this thread just want to point out about wearing grear and you just never know when the idiot will strike.
Be safe my 2 wheel bros and sis's.
ORIGINAL: MAD KAW

damb bro at least you were geared up. prime example that wearing your gear helps A LOT!!!!!!!!!!! most of all you were able to walk away. thank god brother. well time for some new gear..... and the bike is not in too bad of shape. hey most of all your able to ride . AMEN.......................[sm=hail.gif]

Quick Reply: Everyone please be careful