Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Cop camera site

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 04:59 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Cop camera site

ORIGINAL: j_christopherhall

Not sure what to say on this one. There are nut cases out there on both sides of things who at one particular time or another are just itching to pull a trigger on someone(I think that's probably true with most of us -- we all have times when we're a little hyped up over any number of things and want to take it out on some one or some thing). But then there're the even bigger nutcases who spend their time and lives trying to create problems for other people -- they don't have lives of their own and are so bored with their own lives that all they can do is screw other people's lives over instead of having some fun in this world. They're the real problem.

That driver didn't look to me like he was trying to ram the cop at the beginning but he was trying to aggravate him to get him to chase him and cause a confrontation. Might have been one of those quasi-blue-suicide attempts(**** a cop off so he shoots you) and he chose the right cop who obliged his request even though it doesn't look like the driver ever did anything(no visible gun pulled, etc.) other than try to **** the cop off.

I suppose if I came in your house and started messing with your family I might expect you to stick a shot-gun in my face and kill me but I'm neither stupid enough or obnoxious enough to do that. That's essentially what that driver was doing and he chose a cop who was apparently looking for a minor excuse to have some target practice. Apparently neither of them value life much.

Hmmmm.... I'll buy that!

Old 02-22-2008, 01:13 PM
1st Gear Member

i just wish that more police departments had the budget for more of the newest technology in non-lethal engagement.

you guys seen the spike net? when a car / truck / semi runs over it it tangles up the wheels locking them up almost instantly bringing the car to a stop, it can't keep on driving with flat tires either, its locked up completely.

that and the new tazer shotgun rounds. each round contains the powersource and prongs.

Old 02-22-2008, 03:06 PM
1st Gear Member

Sounds like some stuff I'd like to play with.

Old 02-23-2008, 02:38 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

wow, that was a touchy vid deej. Although at the beginning and at a min 30 into it on one of the u turns, I thought was a good time to "take him out". But I was not there and cannot say much concerning the outcome. The officer had at least two chances to prevent what had happened. My opinion

Old 02-24-2008, 01:47 AM
1st Gear Member

imo, they should of just took hi plaates and terminated the pursuit. he didnt seem to rational, i dunno if he had warrants but if he was running for a minor traffic infraction (looked like that to me) or he was a homocidal maniac. wither way they could get a warrant and come to his house at a later date, or if they think he'd flee the country if he did have some retarded warrant his window was down/busted police have tazers... and those hurt like a bitch on crack, trust me

Old 02-27-2008, 06:37 AM
1st Gear Member

just scene this +1no need for that I think obviously the guy was an idiot but 4-5 shots c'mon...in the officers defense they don't know if he had a gun or not but if you don't know that get off the f'n hood, I'd agree with kx though let him go catch him later that's kinda my opinion for every car or cycle chase it bring's only more damage

Old 02-27-2008, 07:37 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kx slaughter king

imo, they should of just took hi plaates and terminated the pursuit. he didnt seem to rational, i dunno if he had warrants but if he was running for a minor traffic infraction (looked like that to me) or he was a homocidal maniac. wither way they could get a warrant and come to his house at a later date, or if they think he'd flee the country if he did have some retarded warrant his window was down/busted police have tazers... and those hurt like a bitch on crack, trust me
that doesn't work if its a stolen car

Old 02-27-2008, 08:24 PM
1st Gear Member

Yeah. That's true.

Old 02-27-2008, 11:53 PM
1st Gear Member

true... didnt think of that.

but earlier i ws thinking of this and thought, he could of shot the block or the tires... but he went for the face instead. im pretty shure cops have spike strips/"stop sticks" for a reason[8D]

Old 02-28-2008, 02:12 AM
1st Gear Member

Near the end of the tape you can hear one of the officers yelling at another person (assuming an officer) Are you all right? Are you all right? Then all the shooting begins. This leads me to belive that the car was at a stop or close to it and the officers jumped out to try and stop the pursuit. So what could of happened is the driver who was fleeing either A: shot at the officer or B: hit him with the car. Either one of these eventswould of justified the cop killing the driver.

Quick Reply: Cop camera site