Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Cagers (A rant!)

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2005, 09:54 PM
Default RE: Cagers (A rant!)

ORIGINAL: Notstock

I will be glad to donate a years salary to your charity of choice when that happens. LEO seems to hate us. [:@]
Well since I have that in writing, I'd like the check made out to Guilford County Animal Shelter. Your money will be used to sponsor every pet in the shelter to bring down their adoption fee. (I work with LEO's everyday and they are cracking down on cagers habits around bikers.

Old 06-27-2005, 08:42 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Patrick

I, sadly, am a cager, and not only do i respect bikes space on the road, they almost make me nervous...i was chasing some guy on what appeare to be a newer suzuki on wednesday, along I75 through detroit...4 lanes each way, with walls on both sides...we were cruising along nose to tail at about 110, when we came up behind two semis riding side by side...i swung out around one, and watched the guy go right up between them and as he got back in front of me, he slowed to 90ish and sat up, stretching, then putting his hands on his hips....he then pulled his baggy t shirt off, while riding at those speeds...he started buzzinf cars more and more, and ever so often he would slam on his brakes...so i fell back, worried about him making an error and becomming a a windshield smear. people like that are the ones who make "cagers" dislike bikers...i have TONS of friends with bikes, so i have quite a respect for them, but that is not always the case...
I know what you mean there! Even before I got my bike, I always gave bikers a little extra room. And now that I myself am a biker I give even more space (when in the car) just because I know how much I appreciate it when a cager gives me that little extra. It just pi---s me off when some bikers pass me on their back tire!

Old 06-28-2005, 12:07 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

well, i just see the result far too often. my dad works next to a body shop that towed in a newer touring bike..i dont recall the make. it belonged to an older guy, who had always wanted a bike, so he took all of the classes, bought a beater, and then bought a nice, new bike...about two days into having it, some stupid b**** decides that she is tired of waiting in traffic to turn across a 4 lane road, so she PUSHES the car in front of her into the oncoming traffic, which was this older guy on his bike. when police asked ehr why she did it, she said that "people like him are always causing problems on the road anyway, so shes not sorry that it happened". they had to put what was left of the bike outside because after a few days, because the parts of his legs that were crushed agaisnt the bike, and ripped off as he was thrown began to rot. he was in crtical but stable condition, but died a few days later...the woman in the car that decided to push someone out is facing charges of vehicular homicide.

i do not have a bike yet, although i very nearly bought my buddies old kawasaki when he changed brands...but note, i said yet...

and having the number of friends with bikes, that i do, i have a great deal of respect for riders.

Old 06-28-2005, 02:26 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Violet_Vixen

I will be glad to donate a years salary to your charity of choice when that happens. LEO seems to hate us. [:@]
Well since I have that in writing, I'd like the check made out to Guilford County Animal Shelter. Your money will be used to sponsor every pet in the shelter to bring down their adoption fee. (I work with LEO's everyday and they are cracking down on cagers habits around bikers.
[sm=headbang.gif] Dam owned.
Well VV must say I probably wrote a check with my text that I sure wouldn't want to give out. I sure hope that it is true though cause us 2 wheelers can use the help.
I must say I am skeptical but at least so I don't have to go away in total shame, if you get me some kind of proof I will send some help to our four legged friends at the shelter.
Must admit it will be a little shy of a whole years salary but something is better than nothing.

Old 06-28-2005, 03:53 AM

Well VV must say I probably wrote a check with my text that I sure wouldn't want to give out. I sure hope that it is true though cause us 2 wheelers can use the help.
I must say I am skeptical but at least so I don't have to go away in total shame, if you get me some kind of proof I will send some help to our four legged friends at the shelter.
Must admit it will be a little shy of a whole years salary but something is better than nothing.

Hahahah. Well I wasn't doing it just to prove you wrong. I had a talk with an officer at work after my incident. (For the record, I sell police equipment, I'm not an officer. So I couldn't be influential) He said our local PD had actually created a task force using their own motorcycle officers to bring out the worst in cagers so they could correct their behavior. Woohoo!

I appreciate the offer to help the shelter. I try to do as much as I can, and volunteer a few hours a week. I won't hold you to your promise, but if you're serious about helping out, send me a pm. I know a certain puppy named Summer who really needs some help.

Violet_Vixen

Old 06-28-2005, 05:06 AM
Super Moderator

Hahahah. Well I wasn't doing it just to prove you wrong. I had a talk with an officer at work after my incident. (For the record, I sell police equipment, I'm not an officer. So I couldn't be influential) He said our local PD had actually created a task force using their own motorcycle officers to bring out the worst in cagers so they could correct their behavior. Woohoo!

I appreciate the offer to help the shelter. I try to do as much as I can, and volunteer a few hours a week. I won't hold you to your promise, but if you're serious about helping out, send me a pm. I know a certain puppy named Summer who really needs some help.

Violet_Vixen
Well done V V! PM sent.

Old 06-28-2005, 07:54 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

so V V...tell us about this animal shelter?

My gf and i wanted to get yet another animal, so we went to the local "pound"...it is city owned, and has an advertised kill rate of 75% [:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]

they refused to give us a kitten (even though the odds are better than not that it is now dead) because we have a little boy...and they pimply faced little high school ***** behind the counter decided to exercicse his authority...i was so mad...[:@]

Old 06-28-2005, 10:42 PM

Well first, this shelter is a non-profit and is run separate from the city and the county. We DO NOT operate under a kill-for-space policy. In fact, when we are tight for space, we drop the adoption fee to half-off to try to free up space for new animals. We just did that this last weekend. I've been going through a rough time and didn't get to go help out. All pets are microchipped as part of the adoption policy.

There is an application. I haven't read through it myself, but the only time I've had an owner denied was when it was two teenagers who had been dating for three months, trying to adopt a puppy together. The boy was 18, but the girl wanted to be listed as the primary owner. She was 15 and her parents refused to sign the adoption agreement so they were denied. In that case, I understand, because when those two split up, that poor puppy is going to end up being her parents'. They were smart to not sign for her if they don't want to take on the responsibility.

I go usually twice a week (only once during the week since they close at 6pm, are across town, and I get off at 5pm; and once on the weekend). I spend a half-hour with each animal I take out of the kennel. They each get to go outside to one of the kennels. They get brushed and get a treat. Then I try to get them sponsored or try to spread the word about them until they get a home.

There are so many ways to support the shelter. You can sponsor a specific animal, sponsor a cage, donate items, donate time, be a foster parent, or, of course, adopt an animal and give it a home.

Old 06-29-2005, 03:12 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

well, our shelter is run by the city, and my gf and i have 2 cats, and are about to get another...we have a dog, 5 birds, a turtle, a gerbil, and 40 gallons of fish my favorite of which are my fresh water sharks. I never liked fish before moving here, but i really like my sharks.

at least once a week to go to petsmart and play with the cats...we have a local mom and pop pet shop, where we get ALL of our pets since the pound wont let us have theirs. it literally sickens me that they put them to sleep...i can understand if it was overcrowded and no one was expressing interest, but i only wanted to hold this little black kitten...i had to fill out three forms, and provide 2 forms on ID. i live in MI now, and i only had PA ID, and they refused to let me hold the kitten. my girlfriends son lives with us, and he is a very good little boy, and honestly, doesnt really bother much with the cats. he likes the dog, but you know cats...they just go away from anyone who moves suddenly. i left two sweetcats at homr with my parents when i moved to MI. my male cat at home was part feril (sp?) and he is currently about 18 pounds, and he is NOT overweight. his tail is about 2 feet long, and he stands taller than our dog here. he is a complete girl with myself and my parents...very lovey..sleeps agaisnt my face, but he damn near killed my buddy's cocker...

i am by no means a tree hugger, but i am really bothered by the fact that they kill animals, and wont let me get one. the whole time that we were there, the damn high school kid kept looking at her little boy...he made up some lame excuse about me being from out of state. i wanted to call and complain, but she talked me out of it. but when we told our pet store guy, he told me that he regularly hears about people getting denied although they kill most of their animals. its awful. good for you vixen. our neighborhood has some homeowners crap that says i cant have a dog bigger than 48 pounds, so ill have to wait for my rot, but i am a cats person. that is very admirable that someone still takes time to do something like that.

Old 06-29-2005, 04:37 AM
Super Moderator

Dam tree huggers! This is supposed to be a thread about hating caggers. So start hating damit, you guys are falking up some good hating time.

JK nice to see some good get passed around and here about the extra things that some do unselfishly for others, being people or animal.