Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Cagers (A rant!)

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2005, 03:37 PM
Default Cagers (A rant!)

GRrrrrrrr!!!! Freakin' cagers! Today I am ashamed to say I ever ride on four wheels. People are just so freakin' rude!!!! On the ride to work today, I get some 90 year old man going to watch the US Open (or he just likes to dress like a golf freak everyday) cut me off. No signal, no warning, and about a half a car length in front of me, pulls over and proceeds to slow down 15 MPH!!!!!! OMG.

I finally get him out of my way and go on about my trip. When a guy in a truck who's been doing the traditional "OMG, it's a girl . . . on a bike . .. WOW" gawk for the last two miles behind me realizes that the lane to OUR left (we're in the same lane now) is going to end a half-mile up. So the moron decides to get a better look at me and pass me, barely making it in front of me. The goober even attempts a wave at me when he's beside me. In case there is any confusion on the matter, guys, making a pass at a girl on a bike while trying to run her off the road/kill her is NOT a good idea!

Well the moron in the van behind him must have decided the goober in the truck looked cool, so he passes me too, only he doesn't make it before the lane ends and even though I know he saw me because I flipped him off for such a stupid maneuver and he flipped me off in return, he doesn't hit his brakes or slow down. No, he runs me out of my own lane!!!!!!! Thank god there wasn't anything beside me. Freaking idiots on the road today.

Let's hope that the police in this area will start cracking down on these driving habits. Most of them are riders so the chances are decent. Grrrr, just makes me mad. I was in a good mood this morning, but by the time I actually got here, I was ILL.

Ok rant off. Thanks for reading.

Old 06-16-2005, 05:16 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Cagers (A rant!)

Sounds like you had a GREAT morning. I know what you mean though - about the way people drive. I'm in a good mood in the morning and by the time I get to work, I'm so friggin stressed and irritated by other people's driving. I'm not driving the bike to work yet, I can just imagine how great of a mood I'll be in when I start using it to go to work

Just think - its almost Friday

Old 06-16-2005, 10:48 PM

Hahahah, that almost makes it worse. Then I'll be riding with cagers who's only thought is "the weekend is coming." Granted, some of it is due to the US Open being in town and a lot of extra crazy drivers around. But it just really gets on my nerves.

My major pet peeve is getting hit on while I'm riding by some guy who wants to do something stupid. I mean, I don't mind the initial shocked look; I'm used to that. But if you start riding wheelies beside me to impress me . .. guess what?? I'm gonna put my bike in the garage. A better way to impress me is to ride with me, no stunts, or get me to stop off somewhere with you to grab a bottle of water, lol.

Old 06-17-2005, 09:24 AM
Super Moderator

I know what you guys mean, about stupid drivers. Every morning I have my son on the back of my bike to take him to school. And I have to get on the freeway to do it. I don't know about the lane splitting law on your area, but it's ok to do here in California. Well I was splitting lanes when this asswipe decides to try and stop me from going between him and another car. I was about 20 feet from his bumper, when I leaned to bike hard to the left and had to ride the emergency lane for a second. Well just when I got into the E-lane, guess what was sitting there. Yup a freaken CHP officer. So I leaned hard to the right to avoid hitting him. Of course he gets right behind me hits his light and tells me to pull over.

He gets out of his car, and the first thing he says is, "Are you in that much of a hurry?" So I had to explain everthing to the officer. Good thing he was in a good mood, I guess. But he was nice enough to let me go. But these freaken drivers who get mad sitting in traffic shouldn't take it out on us because we could split lanes and their left in the same spot. I wouldn't even want these waterheads on a motorcycle. Then they would really made us good riders look real bad.

They would be the one splitting lanes doing 70+. Trying to get to work in time. What the CHP officers should do is find the waterheads fine them and make them take to bus to work instead of driving. That way it would clear up the freeways and made it that much more safer for us. [sm=wtf.gif]

Old 06-22-2005, 04:11 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

and just when you think you have seen it all someone never fails to surprise you...
I had 2 incidents on my way home from work today...

Old 06-22-2005, 08:12 AM
Super Moderator

dude as long as your ok. what the hell happened? details brother details.

Old 06-22-2005, 05:06 PM
Super Moderator

Makes you wonder if they put licenses in Cracker Jack boxes?!?!!? Yesterday there was a three car pileup in the passing lane on our main two lane highway. It made me half an hour late for work [:@].

What happened Ian?

Old 06-24-2005, 02:25 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

ahhh.. just people not paying attion..cutting me off.. stuff like that .. it happens all the time..[:@]

Old 06-25-2005, 06:27 AM
Super Moderator

Sorry to hear this and glad your OK but this is all to common.

Today I had to almost do a front wheel stand to avoid hitting some jerk that thought he did not have to stop for through traffic and turned right on the red. Scared me thinking about getting rear ended as I was hard on the brakes, I dropped 2 gears and as I passed on his right side smashed his mirror off and gave the bird.

Disclaimer; I do not advise any one to perform the above act.

[Quote Violet_Vixen
Let's hope that the police in this area will start cracking down on these driving habits. Most of them are riders so the chances are decent. Grrrr, just makes me mad. I was in a good mood this morning, but by the time I actually got here, I was ILL.]

I will be glad to donate a years salary to your charity of choice when that happens. LEO seems to hate us. [:@]

Old 06-25-2005, 08:28 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

I, sadly, am a cager, and not only do i respect bikes space on the road, they almost make me nervous...i was chasing some guy on what appeare to be a newer suzuki on wednesday, along I75 through detroit...4 lanes each way, with walls on both sides...we were cruising along nose to tail at about 110, when we came up behind two semis riding side by side...i swung out around one, and watched the guy go right up between them and as he got back in front of me, he slowed to 90ish and sat up, stretching, then putting his hands on his hips....he then pulled his baggy t shirt off, while riding at those speeds...he started buzzinf cars more and more, and ever so often he would slam on his brakes...so i fell back, worried about him making an error and becomming a a windshield smear. people like that are the ones who make "cagers" dislike bikers...i have TONS of friends with bikes, so i have quite a respect for them, but that is not always the case...

Quick Reply: Cagers (A rant!)