Modes on 92

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 07:14 AM
Default Modes on 92

What would be your choice for the first mode on a 92 zx7 and then what would be the top 5 after that?
The only guide lines are that they have to been done by you
Feel free to share the ones that you have allready done and pics are welcome as always

Old 10-26-2006, 12:53 AM
Default RE: Modes on 92

thanks for posting a thread that interests me... it prompted me to swing back in to KF since i've been steering clear for a while.

here's what i've done to mine.

full system muzzy
520 chain conversion
undertail tag/light conversion
airbox mod (4 holes approx. 2"dia.)
jetted to RUN flat out thru and over redline

as of today i have a new set of dunlop 207's to throw on which will replace the sportec m1's. both are great tires but, if i were to go with the sportec's again i'd get the m3... the m1 is a bit too squirrely when hitting the twisties hard.

also as of today, thanks to DUCATIV2 (member here on KF)... i have a set of zx7 carbs which will be replacing the zx7r flatslides. i just want the bike to respond in the lower rpm range like it is supposed to... the flatslides are EXTREMELY boggy below 4,000 rpm. ducativ2 was running velocity stacks which i may try as well.

which one is my favorite mod?... i'll let you know when i get the carbs installed
up until now? the heated hand grips!

i'll also be switching to belray synthetic at my next oil change which is due.
AND, the one i'm looking forward to the most... i'll be placing green led's down inside the hoover tubes (you won't be able to see the actual led's but you'll see the glow)... like alien eyes speeding thru the darkness

Old 10-26-2006, 04:39 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

I have the '90 hoover tube ride, but I shimmed the cv carb needles and rejetted for my locale. Next mod was revalving the suspension or replacing. Then I sealed what ram air I did have. Then of course were the tire bills.

Sup Heffay!

Old 10-26-2006, 04:58 AM

so drag... which one did you do? revalve or replace? i hear ya on the tire bills bro... i'm goin' on my 3rd pair of tires in '06.

i wouldn't trade my suspension for the world [8D] i'd say i've ridden well over 4 or 500 modern sportbikes (was a setup guy for awhile) and this is the best handlin bike i've ever ridden.

Old 10-26-2006, 06:19 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: heffay

so drag... which one did you do? revalve or replace? i hear ya on the tire bills bro... i'm goin' on my 3rd pair of tires in '06.

i wouldn't trade my suspension for the world [8D] i'd say i've ridden well over 4 or 500 modern sportbikes (was a setup guy for awhile) and this is the best handlin bike i've ever ridden.

Race tech valving, replaced the rear with Fox. Replaced tires one weekend a month when I was tracking it.
Too trats Q? rideabilitility then power.