jumping starter relay still no crank over

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 07:28 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: jumping starter relay still no crank over

found out it was a gray wire coming from the cdi box it was fried, repalced it and she started cranking and didnt start so i check the plugs they werecovered in oil are they salvageable in any way? cause im kinda straped on cash if not ill spend my life savings on four plugs haha jus kiding but thanks for advice and the help to drag1 and whendrix

Old 07-04-2008, 08:52 PM
1st Gear Member

well i got the new plugs and i put them in the bike and shewouldnt start so i decied to put gas in the holes to start the combustion and she started right uphella happy cuz i havent herd her talk in 3monthsit was late so i was going to put everything back together the next day . next day comes so i try to start her up all she does is crank so i try to do the same thing takeout the plugs and put gas there i start to take the plugs out then the worst happens one on the plugs broke off its housing and the screw part is stuckim tired of all this bullSheit keeping me off the road i have no idea wear to start should i take off engine top? or can i call the NGK to make them fix it!! im stressin over this one any help be great Thanky

-WhEeL

Old 07-04-2008, 09:29 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

not sure if NGK will fix anything. But it sounds like you are gaining on the starting issue now

Old 07-04-2008, 09:31 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

In other words, take a deep breathe. Then bs

edit: bs= talk

Old 07-05-2008, 06:14 AM
1st Gear Member

lol.. damn, bro. you can't win.

Hmm.. i know what its like tho.

ok.. oil is from a leaky tube seal. they're easy to get to.. you might be able to clean it up real nice and throw some RTV sealant on it til ya can get the money for a full gasket set.. if it works, just save it for a winter project then.

sparkplugs.. thats a *****. removal of the cover won't render you alot of room..

if the porcelin broke out and you can see the piston, then tap an e-z out to a socket and run that little guy down in there and spin that bastard out. if the porcelins in place still, and the hex snapped off, well, i'm not ure what to tell ya.. i'dd almost want to try and break it out with a longass punch and a shop vac rigged up to suck out the shards. then you can at least get it out without head removal.

you'd have to do an uber suck job on that piston chamber tho.. i'd leave the piston at TDC whilst doing it so ou can crank it a tiny bit towards bottom and get the glass dust and nasties out from the ring lands and cylinder walls. .. i would go in thru the intake port then with some sort of small diameter hose and suck from every angle and maybe break out the compressed air as well.. the last thing ya need is porcelin bits scratching the bore all to hell and then you loosing all your compression, rings, piston lands, skirt, valve seats.. ect..

Old 07-12-2008, 03:34 AM
1st Gear Member

i took your advise and use the easy out tool worked perfect now im bak on the road thanks again for everything couldnt of done it with out you guys

Old 07-12-2008, 03:36 AM
1st Gear Member

yay hahaahahahahah

Old 07-12-2008, 08:52 AM
1st Gear Member

Congrats on the fix! Keep her shiny side up, bro