Help....Cut off During ride

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 01:31 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Help....Cut off During ride

get a glass jar or similar and two length of fuel hose. put the hose lengths on each end of the fuel pump and into the jar. put a bottle or two of carb/fuel injector cleaner (can also use seafoam) into the jar and run the pump to circulate the cleaner through. after a while of cycling it should have disolved and flushed the build up out.

Old 06-19-2008, 05:38 PM

Hey Guys do anyone know if our bikes have issue with the ignition switch. I've had to replace two so far and both keep doing the same thing. The soldering points on the switch keep coming loose. is this a bad design in the switch or could my bike be heating up enough to melt the solder loose. Right now my bike will cut off during my ride but I can turn the key off and back on and it will fire up again, then it will do it again, any help or recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

Old 06-20-2008, 05:00 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: natlbnldr

Hey Guys do anyone know if our bikes have issue with the ignition switch. I've had to replace two so far and both keep doing the same thing. The soldering points on the switch keep coming loose. is this a bad design in the switch or could my bike be heating up enough to melt the solder loose. Right now my bike will cut off during my ride but I can turn the key off and back on and it will fire up again, then it will do it again, any help or recommendations will be greatly appreciated.
Rumor has it that the relay is whacked. I have not experienced that issue yet.

Old 07-05-2008, 06:48 AM
1st Gear Member

thats probably throwing your A/F way off homey..

i know my 7-R HATES the airbox unhooked and/or off.

in contrast, my 600 loves it.
go figure. THAT however i feel is a syncronization thing. i syched the 600 by "feel" lol.. (cuz i'm a God)

the pump doesn't run constantly.. it gets a pulse from your #1/4 coil pack.. that pulse splits and runs to the fuel pump relay.. the relay takes the signal and runs a SCR/switching transistor with it and pulse-feeds the pump with 12V.

therefore, flow is directly related to RPM. the faster the motor runs, the more fuel you get.. more pulses on the ignition channel-more pulses feeding the relay and pump.

theres IS a bypass circuit i think on the system tho. it should source from the start button and jump 12V right to the pump for startup.

you won't damage your starter.. at least you shouldn't, but when you're atidle, try holding the starter button in and see if it smooths out.. there might be an inrterlock tho on that circuit.. not 100% sure.

anyway, if i smooths out, you're experiencing fuel starvation.. then you'll have to test the pump's output in L/min into a bucket just to make sure its not dying..

if so- replace.. if not- look at the relay then..

Old 07-11-2008, 05:24 PM
1st Gear Member

did you figure out your problem cause i maybe having the same issue