First problems with zx7r

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 03:41 AM
Default First problems with zx7r

I just got my bike insured/registered today, and took it for a ride.....when i bought the bike a headlight bulb was out so i replaced it. I was riding for about 20min then i noticed my headlight switch wasnt turning on the highbeams and the highbeam signal light onthe dash doesnt show up. Also not really a problem but annoying i cant get the turn signal switch to work all of the time i have to mess with it for about a couple seconds before it turns on the signal sometimes it takes a while and already done taking the turn.

So ?'s where is the fuse box?, and do ya'll also have problems with the turns signals switch?

thanks in advance

-damian

also off topic but this is my firstbike and traveling around a bend at 50mph and wind started to push me outside of the turn i almost **** my pants[sm=drlove.gif]

Old 04-03-2007, 03:38 AM
Default RE: First problems with zx7r

I just bought a 96 zx7r about a week ago . Im still waiting on the title from the guy so i decided to clean and fix all the little things wrong. first was the turn signals , at one point all i had was basically hazards. . In a nutshell after an hour or so of tracing wires and testing wires i found out that when i pulled the bulb out of the indicator light on the cluster it all worked perfectly( both right and left signal (+if i remember correctly grn, gray)wires go to it.) now my highbeam indicator is out but they still work . also the turn signal switch on mine seemed pretty solid so i would say its not the switch unless like you said you had to play with it maybe it is. hope that helps for what its worth.

Old 04-03-2007, 04:23 AM
1st Gear Member

Fuse box on the 7 is under the seat.

ORIGINAL: colt89

I just got my bike insured/registered today, and took it for a ride.....when i bought the bike a headlight bulb was out so i replaced it. I was riding for about 20min then i noticed my headlight switch wasnt turning on the highbeams and the highbeam signal light on the dash doesnt show up. Also not really a problem but annoying i cant get the turn signal switch to work all of the time i have to mess with it for about a couple seconds before it turns on the signal sometimes it takes a while and already done taking the turn.

So ?'s where is the fuse box?, and do ya'll also have problems with the turns signals switch?

thanks in advance

-damian

also off topic but this is my first bike and traveling around a bend at 50mph and wind started to push me outside of the turn i almost **** my pants[sm=drlove.gif]

Old 04-05-2007, 08:26 AM

yeah i found the hl fuse and it was blown, also the turn signal switch takes to much messing around to get it right, i think something is broken on the inside. ordered another one.

-thanks for all your help