WOBBLING!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 08:21 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: WOBBLING!!!!!

ORIGINAL: SAMCAR305

Whats going on fellows.... Well I've been racing on the track lately and recently came on upon a problem back on the street! I converted my bike back to streets for now since the next race isnt for a month, when I was on the track I had my teamates help me swap tires, in the process of doing so they got the rear axle rod stuck! I guess they put it in the wrong way, it took around 30 mins to get that sucker out by hammering it with a rubber mallet and a tool that would push it out... Now when I take the bike on the highway and hit any bump at all my bike is wobbling alot, I feel the wobbling in the front but could be wrong,I even tried setting my scotts gpr stabilizer to the hardest setting and i still feel the wobbling! Some people tell me that it may be that the rod got bent a little therefore it is actin up, others say it might be the take offs I got at the track... Can someone please lead me to an answer?! Thanks for you time an help
this stuck axle beating that you did. Was it on the front? If so, check your fork legs/alignment and clip on placements. I would not think that it would have caused stem bearing issues, but that is just a thought also.

Old 04-06-2007, 10:13 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dragone#19

ORIGINAL: SAMCAR305

Whats going on fellows.... Well I've been racing on the track lately and recently came on upon a problem back on the street! I converted my bike back to streets for now since the next race isnt for a month, when I was on the track I had my teamates help me swap tires, in the process of doing so they got the rear axle rod stuck! I guess they put it in the wrong way, it took around 30 mins to get that sucker out by hammering it with a rubber mallet and a tool that would push it out... Now when I take the bike on the highway and hit any bump at all my bike is wobbling alot, I feel the wobbling in the front but could be wrong,I even tried setting my scotts gpr stabilizer to the hardest setting and i still feel the wobbling! Some people tell me that it may be that the rod got bent a little therefore it is actin up, others say it might be the take offs I got at the track... Can someone please lead me to an answer?! Thanks for you time an help
this stuck axle beating that you did. Was it on the front? If so, check your fork legs/alignment and clip on placements. I would not think that it would have caused stem bearing issues, but that is just a thought also.
Loose bearings in the stem could definitely be a problem. Very good idea, Drag. Checking the rear control arm bushings may be a good idea also.

Old 04-06-2007, 08:34 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Since the problem started with the rear axle, check to make sure the spacer between the sprocket hub and rear wheel is still there. I can't understand how the rear axle got stuck in the first place. It either goes in or not. Also with all the beating with the mallet, they may have knocket the wheel bearing loose or something. I would take the rear wheel off again and inspect everything closely. Check the bearings and male sure the chain adjusting spacers are installed the right way. Be sure to check the spacer (collar)betwwen the sprocket hub and wheel. Look up the part diagram on the kawasaki website to make sure everything is installed properly. Did they swap the spacers by chance? Thers should be a spacer on the LH side between the swingarm & sprocket hub, a collar between the hub & wheel, andon the RH side ; a spacer between the wheel & brake caliper bracket. If any of the spacers are missing or swapped it will cause a mis-alignment and that leads to the wobbles. Also, count the marks at the chain adjusters; make sure they are the same from the front of the axle.

Old 04-19-2007, 01:12 AM

Ok, so I took the bike to the shop and got everything checked on it... Checked if the spacers were on right, Checked if the rear axle rod was bent, checked the rim, counted the marks at the chain adjusters, the grand conclusion... they say NOTHING is wrong!!! I feel the difference when I am on the Highway and hit any low turns at a high speed, I feel every bump when I go low on the turn...I dont understand, the only thing that leaves me with questions is the tire size that I have on now.. Since I race on the track I am running Dunlop 209's, I have a 190, some people say that this may change the way the bike rides since it isn't the oem size for the bike, some say it shouldnt matter, can anyone PLEASE help?! Thanks...

P.S.
The 209's that I have on the bike now are take offs from the track, they came off a suzuki 1000 with suspension work, could the way that bike wore the tires affect the way my bike handles?

Old 04-19-2007, 04:28 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Is it still wobbling? A 190 is too wide for your bike and is the reason why it steers heavy and changes the handling of the bike also.

Old 04-19-2007, 06:25 AM

THANK YOU AS ALWAYS SPEED!!!! I am going to change it back to 180, hopefully this will do the trick!!! Thanks to everyone to helped also, I will keep you postedon the changes and results...

Old 04-21-2007, 04:01 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

I was just thinking; with all that pounding, they didn't loosen the bearings or anything, did they? Is the wheel alighnment Blocks at the axle on the right way?