WOBBLING!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 03:54 AM
Default WOBBLING!!!!!

Whats going on fellows.... Well I've been racing on the track lately and recently came on upon a problem back on the street! I converted my bike back to streets for now since the next race isnt for a month, when I was on the track I had my teamates help me swap tires, in the process of doing so they got the rear axle rod stuck! I guess they put it in the wrong way, it took around 30 mins to get that sucker out by hammering it with a rubber mallet and a tool that would push it out... Now when I take the bike on the highway and hit any bump at all my bike is wobbling alot, I feel the wobbling in the front but could be wrong,I even tried setting my scotts gpr stabilizer to the hardest setting and i still feel the wobbling! Some people tell me that it may be that the rod got bent a little therefore it is actin up, others say it might be the take offs I got at the track... Can someone please lead me to an answer?! Thanks for you time an help

Old 04-04-2007, 05:26 AM
Default RE: WOBBLING!!!!!

could definately be the tires- I would definately NOT ride it on the freeway- or near bumps until you figure out what is wrong....

Old 04-04-2007, 05:29 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Check to make sure everything is installed properly. Did you get all the spacers in right? Also check you rear wheel alignment marks; sound like they are off/ uneven.

Old 04-04-2007, 06:18 AM

could be a balance issue. are you using tracked tires on the street? if so, they wear alot on one side...and could throw the balance off.

if it was a car, i would say front control arm bushings. i don't know what that translates into for a motorcycle. When the bushings in the steering go out on cars, what you are describing happenns. the car drives fine, but when you hit a bump the car loosens up alot. it also loosens up the steering at high speeds.

Old 04-04-2007, 09:07 AM
1st Gear Member

I would balance my tires first. If that doesn't do it, then yeah, something is probably messed up with the axle rod.

Old 04-04-2007, 11:09 PM
1st Gear Member

bikes ****ed bro, give it to me

Old 04-05-2007, 06:27 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Also check your tire pressure. A slow leak or under inflation will cause a wobble.

Old 04-05-2007, 10:12 AM
1st Gear Member

Try rolling the axle rod on a flat piece of glass to see if it's straight. If there is some runout, you can use a feeler gauge to see how much runout there is. The shop manual should have a listing on how much runout is tolerable.

Or, if you have a dial indicator, you can measure runout by placing the axle rod between two V-notched pieces of wood with the indicator on top.

Old 04-05-2007, 11:37 PM

Thanks for your replies fellows.. I have already balanced both tires, changed the front one to another take off, and I am running the Dunlop 109's... I will try taking some of the other steps you guys suggested such as checking the axle rod, spacersand so forth...I have also checked the air pressure and its set for street riding.. The only problems that I see that are left are either the tires, spacers, rod, and hopefully not something more serious... Rim in NOT bent either, Thanks again peeps

Old 04-06-2007, 07:58 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Let us know what you discover; I'm curious to find out what it was.

Quick Reply: WOBBLING!!!!!