why are so many riders removing mirrors?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2006, 07:04 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: why are so many riders removing mirrors?

WOW! The cost for keeping the mirrors you all ready have:$0, the cost for replacing them with a camera:$500+. I think I'll stick with my "cheap" mirrors.

Old 08-06-2006, 11:14 AM
1st Gear Member

i can barelly see behind me with mine

Old 08-06-2006, 12:07 PM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

wait till i do my camera set up. it should not cost the 500 plus these dumb *** companys are asking for a kit.

as far as the mirrors, they suck and i wouldnt trust just looking in them to change lanes in the first place, only reason im doing the camera is to spot a cop behind me. other then that look, then go.

those ugly bannana mirrors are pretty slick but for 200 bucks, haa haa not that slick.

Old 08-06-2006, 06:51 PM

What's the big deal, just flip your elbows out more whenever you want to see behind.

Old 08-06-2006, 07:27 PM

yeah i just move my arms a little to see whos coming up on me but i think if you change lanes using your mirrors you are asking for it. i personally want to remove my mirrors but cant stand the thought of not knowing who could be hauling *** up behind me at a stop light and run into my ***.. im always ready to move out of the way.

Old 08-08-2006, 07:59 PM
1st Gear Member

for looks!

Old 08-08-2006, 08:36 PM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

exactly

Old 08-08-2006, 08:46 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: FuryofGreen

yeah i just move my arms a little to see whos coming up on me but i think if you change lanes using your mirrors you are asking for it. i personally want to remove my mirrors but cant stand the thought of not knowing who could be hauling *** up behind me at a stop light and run into my ***.. im always ready to move out of the way.
True I always turn my head and look, I am not Asian but I like the mirrors for seeing what is coming up be hind me, do not like looking under my arm at 100 to see what's behind me when I could just glance in the mirror.

It is all personal preference, mine is leave them on they help me while riding but the bike does look better with out them. JMO

Old 08-08-2006, 10:30 PM

i have mirrors, i'm too cheap to do anything else. also my sister knocked over me bike and cracked the right mirror in half, i super glued it together, looks like ****, but i'm too cheap to buy another. i wish their were a bunch of cycle junkyards so i could pay 5-10 bucks and take one off another bike.

Old 08-08-2006, 10:33 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Steve Ninja Strombol

i have mirrors, i'm too cheap to do anything else. also my sister knocked over me bike and cracked the right mirror in half, i super glued it together, looks like ****, but i'm too cheap to buy another. i wish their were a bunch of cycle junkyards so i could pay 5-10 bucks and take one off another bike.
Did you kick her a$$?

Quick Reply: why are so many riders removing mirrors?