where can i buy a oem air filter

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 05:35 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: where can i buy a oem air filter

How can you loose HP, while flowing more air? An engine is basically a air pump. The more you can get into it, and allow to exit at close to the same rate the more HP you will make. That's why guys ice inter-coolers, so that they can get a denser air charge. They want as much air in the combustion chamber as they can. More air = bigger boom which is more HP.

Old 09-29-2007, 03:34 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: shinobi636

How can you loose HP, while flowing more air? An engine is basically a air pump. The more you can get into it, and allow to exit at close to the same rate the more HP you will make. That's why guys ice inter-coolers, so that they can get a denser air charge. They want as much air in the combustion chamber as they can. More air = bigger boom which is more HP.
x2 thats why people put turbos on there bikes to acculimate more air bro, i bet u money if u get your bike dynoed with a K&N or BMC filter it will make more hp with the mods u have over a oem filter, it's a reason why people who race or street ride use them, it's not bc they are cleanable and reuseable, it's bc it's a better filter period

Old 09-29-2007, 05:32 PM
1st Gear Member

well go figure no one has cr9e's in stock until next week so i gotta wait, as the for the air filter im not be an ******* but if some of yall have dyno 's with results let me know and ill buy a k&n today!!!! ive searched around on yahoo and found way more people that lost 1-2 horsepower on sportbikes, now on harleys i ve seen some great results , on tnt dyno in nashville one got 7 horsepower extra tuned. like dragone said stockclean filter flows more air than a k&n . http://www.rc51.org/airfilt.htmcheck that link out.

Old 09-30-2007, 01:22 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: where can i buy a OEM air filter

I apologize if I "sounded" like an ***, I reread what I wrote, and it could be taken as snide. I have driven cars/bike before, and after K&N filters have been installed, and you can tell the difference. Since the cost is comparable I would buy the K&N just because of the cleaning intervals, VS the cost of another filter. You could clean the K&N as many as four times before you approach the cost of a OEM filter. My friend get all OCD like deej, and cleans his almost every other month.

Old 09-30-2007, 05:22 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: where can i buy a OEM air filter

as i was almost gonna buy a k&n but i never did, im pretty set when on my ways about vehicles, i usually learn the pros and cons of everything i stick on my vehicles and if the cons outweigh the pros i dont install them, and when it comes to performance and reliability money is not a problem, id rather pay for something thats gonna perform and not cause potential problems. if i seen some long term test on using k&n filters and they didnt cause any noticed engine wear or anything id probably already buy one but ive seen enough bad to sway me away from after market filters. anyways i appreciate all the input from you guys , good or bad!