follow the break in specs in the manual br0

Old 09-03-2006, 12:12 PM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member
Default RE: weird noise

what is this manuel you write of ?

Old 09-03-2006, 09:03 PM

[sm=lildevil.gif] (or you could just read the little warning sticker that comes on the gas tank for break in) gee i wonder why they took the time to put that little sticker there... scratch that, remove the sticker and start redlining.

Old 09-03-2006, 10:04 PM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

what sticker ?

Old 09-04-2006, 12:08 AM

dude keepin a race bike under 4k rpms seems BAD for it lol, i mean whne you think about it....??? i think the manufacturer does that just so new guys dont get on a bike and start rompin on the throttle, and killing themselves in turn....i really dnot wanna mess up the break in, but if i do happen to *knock on wood* its warrantied, and all the guys at my local stealership will vouch that i asked everyone and have told everyone that what happens about the break in and all this and that. o well, i did have a little scare today, the bike almost didnt want to start on me, and im not sure why :S, eh, she got started with a twist o the throttle.:P

Old 09-04-2006, 01:06 AM

evil you didnt have the magical sticker on your tank when you bought your bike that gave specifics on engine break in? tells mileage and what rpms to stay under until that mileage is attained. i had a little sticker. anyway, the bike needs to be broken in, gently. all the components in the engine are new, they are wearing for the first time. follow the rules and your bike will be happy and so will you. i had to ride at like 35 to 40mph everywhere for the first 1000 miles i think. it was hell, but i followed the rules. not until about 2000 miles did i start even really getting into high rpms, and that was after i changed the oil again after the initial break in oil change. little shreds of metal from chewing up your brand new engine will circulate through the hole lubrication system, from being hard on a brand new bike. just because its capable of it doesnt mean you should go ***** to the wall right off the bat. get some miles on it and be easy, unless you just dont give a shi t, then id say screw it and have fun.

Old 09-04-2006, 01:24 AM

o no i take it slow, i never hit the rev limiter and the switch gear light has never come on, highest sped ive gotten up to so far is maybe 115, probably a little to fast, but...we will see how my engine is looking at the 600 mile first service

Quick Reply: weird noise