tire recomendations?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 02:07 PM
Default tire recomendations?

i went to ridenow.com as found in one of my searches but have no idea what kind of tire i'll need... so here's my type of riding.
once i get more comfortable on the bike i'll prolly be riding a lot on the weekends on trips... mostly interstate, i wanna be able to take some on/off ramps w/ some lean and speed. also may find myself on some backroads leanin side to side. but mostly i'm looking for something that is made for cruising.... mabey a wheelie here and there but nothing extreme... any recomendations? i'm also not looking for a top of the line 600 dollar tire or anything lol just something to get me through this season.

Old 06-18-2007, 02:25 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: tire recomendations?

Pilot powers are great but wear quickly. A good sport touring tire is probably what you want. Pilot roads would fit the bill nicely.

Old 06-18-2007, 04:28 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Dunlop qaulifier. all around good tire

Old 06-18-2007, 04:35 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Just got a ew set of Pilot Powers and they are great. I hear the wear really fast though. You should be able to get a season out of them. I was told about 4K out of the back and maybe 7K out of the front. We will see.

Old 06-18-2007, 04:45 PM

well this is the only forum i'm on so i don't have the luxury of asking others... so for an all around good tire, decently priced, and will last me a season. so far we have Dunlop Qualifier and the Pilor Roads. anybody like either of these better for any reason? or are there any other suggestions out there?

Old 06-18-2007, 04:49 PM
1st Gear Member

Either tire would be great for your riding style you want to do. I have the Michelin Pilot power 2ct. I just put a new tire on the rear because I had a nail in it. Well I did one burn out on it and had about 1200 miles on it and I only used up about 2% of the tire.

Old 06-18-2007, 04:50 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

From your original post either tire should work and the cost should be roughly the same. So I guess it is up to you to make the final decision. I know the Pilot Powers have good grip when they get warmed up which is rather quikly but I belive the Dunlop Quialifiers are the same way.

Old 06-18-2007, 04:52 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Mie you heard about the recall on the Pilot Powers right?

https://www.kawasakiforums.com/m_148517/tm.htm

Old 06-18-2007, 05:14 PM
1st Gear Member

Yup. Heard about it before they anounced it. Got the specifics on the recall. There is a issue with the tread. But there is only a problem with it when you run over 140mph for long periods of time. So Cycle gear told me if I have the specific tire that was made in france That I could bring it in and get A new one. The only problem is they only have the regular pp in stock with out the recall. So he told me to run the tire untill it is worn unless I plan on racing on it and they will have to honor the recall. So I am going to run on the tire for a few months until they get some new pp 2ct in stock then I will trade it in.Oh ya I do have the one made in France that has the proper DOT number.
Here is some info from the local forum I am on. They have a couple articles posted in the thread about it.
http://www.tampasportbikes.com/forum...ad.php?t=10820

Old 06-18-2007, 05:36 PM

well than i'll just search the hell out of it and get which ever is cheaper or has the better deal. um... this is the first bike i've had besides a bicycle and i know i can't change this tire out w/ a wrench and a screwdriver lol so where would i take my tire to have it put on? just any local bike shop? what is the charge? thanks guys. this sister site is just as helpful as the Mitsu site i'm a moderator on!!

Quick Reply: tire recomendations?