Tilt Sensor

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 02:51 PM
Default Tilt Sensor

Does anyone know anything about a tilt sensor that signifies whether or not the bike has been laid down before? Where it is located? Can you tell if it has been reset? How do you go about reseting it?

Old 11-21-2007, 02:59 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Tilt Sensor

Hmm, fortunately I have not had to learn that one yet,but I am sure someone knows, I am sure you will get helped shortly

Old 11-21-2007, 05:30 PM
1st Gear Member

The sensor does not record when the bike was laid down, it's only purpose is in the event that the bike falls over or is laid down in an accident, it quickly shuts off the bike. The switch is self-resetting, when the bike is upright again, you can start it.

Old 11-21-2007, 08:48 PM

If you trip the tilt sensor you will need to toggle your ignition and/or kill switch to restart the bike. I believe that the sensor only shuts down the fuel pump and spark ignition... you still have lights and instrumentation.
The sensor is located under the operators seat. It is mounted to the underside of a bare finish cast aluminum bracket which is mounted across the sub frame. The same bracket also functions as the fuel tank pivot.
If you still cannot locate it i could scan the page from the service manual.

Old 11-23-2007, 07:08 AM
1st Gear Member

i must not have one. when i was thrown i landed right next to the bike still running and spinnin the tire on it's side.

Old 11-23-2007, 10:11 AM
1st Gear Member

Your best bet to find out if a bike has been layed down is to do a really thorough inspection of it. Most riders who lay down their bikes only fix the obvious damage. Time to put to use everything you learned from all of those years of watching CSI.

Old 11-23-2007, 05:42 PM
1st Gear Member

don't watch CSI it's lame.

Robot Chicken FTMFW!!!

Old 11-23-2007, 09:23 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

It's under the riders seat and rattles when you shake it. Look on the kawasaki website; owners information; parts diagrams.

Old 11-24-2007, 01:26 PM
1st Gear Member

Also if you are looking for it in the manual, it's called the vehicle-down sensor and found in the fuel section since it cuts off the fuel supply when activated. Here are three pages about the vehicle-down sensor right out of the service manual.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...downsensor.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...ownsensor1.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...ownsensor2.jpg

Old 01-30-2011, 11:16 PM
Default tilt sensor location

Originally Posted by fask
If you trip the tilt sensor you will need to toggle your ignition and/or kill switch to restart the bike. I believe that the sensor only shuts down the fuel pump and spark ignition... you still have lights and instrumentation.
The sensor is located under the operators seat. It is mounted to the underside of a bare finish cast aluminum bracket which is mounted across the sub frame. The same bracket also functions as the fuel tank pivot.
If you still cannot locate it i could scan the page from the service manual.
yes please scan that page and send it to me thank you scott my email is

gsjm02@comcast.net thank you again

Quick Reply: Tilt Sensor