Those 2007 ZX-6R With Loud Valve Trains

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 03:24 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Those 2007 ZX-6R With Loud Valve Trains

I believe I'd be getting in touch with Kawasaki to get this chit fixed before you get killed on this thing .I would definately find another dealer .

Old 07-09-2007, 02:46 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

mines a tad bit loud but nothing to trip on yet. ill be keeping my ear on it tho. thanx for the heads up.

Old 07-09-2007, 10:43 PM

ORIGINAL: mikeyntnc

I believe I'd be getting in touch with Kawasaki to get this chit fixed before you get killed on this thing .I would definately find another dealer .
I did just that today and check this out.

I went to the dealer he said it was the cam chain tensioner. I told him that Kawi has some known issues with the valves on this model. The dealer said no as their would be a tech bulletin.

I called Kawi and asked if they could let the dealer know what to look for as he thinks it is the cam tensioner and does not think it is the valves due to their not being a tech bulletin.

Kawi said the dealer has to call Kawi to find out end of story.

We went round and round and Kawi still refused to call the dealer.

Kawi USA sucks, what a ****ty company.

Old 07-10-2007, 12:23 AM
1st Gear Member

I'd keep bugging the HELL out of em 'til I got some piece of mind with it

Old 07-10-2007, 04:06 PM
The Dude
1st Gear Member

My bike's valve train seems to be its loudest at 4.5k at by 5k its quite again. Then again I have an 04

Old 07-11-2007, 07:48 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rraiderr

ORIGINAL: mikeyntnc

I did just that today and check this out.

I went to the dealer he said it was the cam chain tensioner. I told him that Kawi has some known issues with the valves on this model. The dealer said no as their would be a tech bulletin.

I called Kawi and asked if they could let the dealer know what to look for as he thinks it is the cam tensioner and does not think it is the valves due to their not being a tech bulletin.

Kawi said the dealer has to call Kawi to find out end of story.

We went round and round and Kawi still refused to call the dealer.

Kawi USA sucks, what a ****ty company.
Sounds like time for a Class action Lawsuit. Get all the 07 owners lined up with problems and organize. Yamaha had to tae back bikes just because the Tach wasn't accurate. If Kawasaki is having Valve problems, they will have to do the same or fix it if it gets to court.

Old 07-26-2007, 07:43 PM

There is a bike shop by me that sells tons of bikes. It is called OTDCycles. They give about the best out the door price you can imagine. The '07 zx-6r is going for $8,299 otd (includes taxes, license, prep, destination, etc). They have never heard of this problem or even the previous ('06) fuel injector problem. Is this just an extremely rare problem?

I know about rare problems. I was almost crippled by a very common prescriptionantibiotic (cipro, still getting over it). Most doctors can't believe my reaction was caused by the drug. Really fun agrueing with doctors over their favorite antibiotic. Of course in Europe they know all about the that drug and give it a black box warning.Wish Kawasaki would put out a real TSB before someone gets killed. Of course if "just another biker" does get killed by this andthere was noinvestigation it would be considered just the fault of the rider. So yes, please push for legal action on this.