Default RE: Stickiest street tire suggestions

PP from what I heard...

Old 09-16-2006, 10:59 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lemac

PP from what I heard...
werd, this is what i found on www.kneedraggers.com pilot power rear tire profile..

Michelin Pilot Power tires are the first series of tires to benefit from a rubber compound formula specific to competition tires: C-RAO (Compounds-Racing Optimization). This C-RAO rubber mix gives the Pilot Power incredible grip, and especially quick warm-up time, with no compromise in durability compared to the current Pilot Sport tire. These properties result from a combination of three 100-percent synthetic components, identical to those used in Michelin MotoGP tires:

• Macro-molecular compounds (MMC)
• High-technology synthetic compounds (HTSC)
• Proprietary, 100-percent synthetic Michelin Racing Synthetic Elastomers (MRSE), which came directly from 2003 Michelin MotoGP tires.

On the Michelin test track at Ladoux, France, riders were able to lean a Pilot Power-equipped bike to an amazing 41.9 degrees in corners - in full-wet conditions! In the dry, they achieved an equally remarkable 50.6-degree lean angle.

At a recent press launch at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway, Roadracing World’s Steve Atlas commented: “These are the best street tires I’ve ever ridden in my life.â€

• Exceptional dry and wet grip:
Very soft rubber. Shore hardness measurements - 58 - confirm that the Michelin Pilot Power is the softest of the Hypersport tires currently available on the market. It is 6% softer than its nearest competitor. Michelin’s unique compound mixes and use of 100% silica ensures that there is no compromise in terms of durability that is normally associated with soft compound tires.

• Reduced warm-up times:
The Michelin Pilot Power owes its quick warm-up time to the advances made in this area with respect to MotoGP tires. In fact, the Michelin Pilot Power benefits from a rubber compound used in MotoGP over the past two years.

• Easy handling, improved rider feedback and maximum lean angles:
The new front profile of the Michelin Pilot Power, derived from the MotoGP tire, as well as its specific construction and rubber compounds, has led to considerable progress in terms of handling and high-speed stability. The combination of all these characteristics also provides better feedback and a more progressive performance whilst cornering.

• The Michelin Pilot Power is the softest tire in its category and does not compromise longevity:
Softer rubber is better at compensating for unevenness of the road/track surface. This is why the Michelin Pilot Power provides excellent grip on wet and dry surfaces. The Michelin Pilot Power also owes its very short warm-up time to its rubber compound, which remains soft even at low temperatures. Until now, the use of soft compounds resulted in rapid tread wear. The revolutionary Pilot Power has spectacularly improved the grip, whilst preserving the longevity of the tire. This is due to the use of ultra fine silica, new additives and synthetic elastomers.

Old 09-17-2006, 01:14 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Is that all? JK. You go dude!

Old 09-17-2006, 02:48 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

pilot powers suck

www.lithiummotorsports.com i got mine for 235.00 to my door and this was not a group buy. best price i could find at the time.

Old 09-18-2006, 03:55 AM

if price is no object then get pirelli supercorsa. they are dot approved track tires. none of these other tires come close AT ALL. but they are pretty costly. give them a shot and you will be extremly happy

Old 09-18-2006, 04:38 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Here's a reply I had posted on another thread a little while ago:

Are you going to use them for street or trackday or both? IMO the stock Bridgestone BT-014's are awesome even at the track. Sport rider gave them almost the same rating as the Michelin Pilot Powers. I am very impressed with the Bridgestone Tires. I also just got a set of Pilot Race tires for "Trackday Only" use.

Here are the Sport Rider Ratings in BOLD: From the Highest to the lowest.

Dunlop Qualifier 91.4 Showed significant wear
Michelin pilot Power 89.3 Minimal wear
Bridgestone BT-014 89.0 Moderate wear
Metzeler Sportec M-1 87.3 Moderate wear
Pirelli Diablo 86.0 Minimal wear
Avon Viper Sport 83.7 More than average wear
Contnental Contisport Attack 80.7 Hardly any Wear
Maxxis Supermaxx M6029 79.0 Moderate Wear
Tomahawk T3 Sport 73.1 Light to moderate wear with significant front tire edge wear

These tires were tested on the City Streets, Freeway and High & Low Speed Curvy Roads using GSXR1000 & CBR600RR.

Old 09-18-2006, 08:59 AM

super bike did a write up on tires too not too long ago i think they said that the pirilli was the best and gave you the best feel from the bike. also these where the diablos i was also told that between the supercorsas and the diablos you will not be able to tell the diffrence unless you are rding really hard and are actually pushing the tires to there limits like troy corsa and all them boys in wsb. so if you want to ride in the rain and have awesome grip dry or wet i would go with the diablos if your not going to be running in the rain get the supercorsas.

Old 09-21-2006, 03:35 AM
1st Gear Member

i'm still pretty green (no pun intended lol, in a kawi forum) but i REALLY like my pirelli diablos. not a bad price and mmmm sticky for the riding i'm doing. and i just replaced the back tire...very few burnouts and i got over 10 000km's on it. great bang for the buck. that's 6 000 miles for u american fellas

Old 09-21-2006, 04:26 AM
Super Moderator

I am still thinking Michellin Pilot Powers.

Quick Reply: Stickiest street tire suggestions