Stickiest street tire suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 07:28 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Stickiest street tire suggestions

You will like the PP they are like being on rails.

I may just have to try the qualfier next time just because I have heard such good things about them.

Old 09-14-2006, 09:13 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

i would of suggested a metz or a less aggressive "v" shaped tire for a rookie rider.

Old 09-15-2006, 01:46 AM
1st Gear Member

Metzler M3. I just put about 875 miles on a set on my ZRX in the GA mountains last week. Not one hiccup. Was even leaned hard in a left hander and the rear wheel hit a rock or something, knocked the wheel about and inch or so out and the bike just kept on railing around the turn.

Old 09-15-2006, 09:14 AM

i like the new pirilli diablo corsas, i run them on everything they are expensive but you pay for what you get

Old 09-15-2006, 02:02 PM

Michelin pilot power or Pirelli Diablo...

I had michelin and changed to pirelli and i realised that the pirelli doesn't slip on down-shifting and the pilot powers were sliping on hard downshifts...and i also noticed that the michelin PP wear out faster , but they have better grip in curves... just my opinion

Old 09-15-2006, 04:27 PM
1st Gear Member

here is a tip that the shop changing your tires had better tell you. GO VERY EASY AND CAREFULLY for about 50-100 miles in order to scuff up the tire. when you first leave the dealership it will probably feel like your on ice. just take it easy and you will be fine. I run pilot powers, and I agree with your logic, you want confidence and you are willing to pay for it. the powers have great traction even when cold or wet. I believe they have one of the most aggressive lean angle of any street tire. you can take that tire to the track if you wanted and do just fine for your skill level. I won't run any other tire b/c the ONLY thing keeping me upright is that piece of rubber.

Old 09-15-2006, 09:52 PM
1st Gear Member

So Pilot Powers are a good choice for a tire that's going to be run cold and wet?

Got rain season coming up quick and it's going to be very cold/wet so I would feel more comfortable on a different tire than the stocks.

Anything else as good or better for the cold/rain?

Old 09-15-2006, 10:57 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: zzone

Michelin pilot power or Pirelli Diablo...

I had michelin and changed to pirelli and i realised that the pirelli doesn't slip on down-shifting and the pilot powers were sliping on hard downshifts...and i also noticed that the michelin PP wear out faster , but they have better grip in curves... just my opinion

You're choosing the wrong gear or the wrong engine revs for your gear if you are slipping the rear a lot.

Old 09-16-2006, 03:05 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

i run straigh tup michilin race slicks on the streets, once they heat up i stick like glue and sometimes get a cat or a small child stuck in them. werd

Old 09-16-2006, 03:33 AM

w3rd

Quick Reply: Stickiest street tire suggestions