Stickiest street tire suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 06:30 AM
Default Stickiest street tire suggestions

Hey guys im new to the forum! I just took my msf course 2 weekends ago, and bought a 2001 kawasaki ninja zx-6r with 5,280 miles on it. I'm going to register the bike tomorrow, but had a question about tires. The rear tire is shot, and the front tire has about 50% tread left. Since I am a new rider, I want the stickiest tires available for the street. I am not going to be using the bike on the track, and just want a sense of security. The bike currently has Michelin Pilot Sports which I believe have been phased out, so do you guys reccomending getting 2 new tires of any suggestions that you guys have, or putting on a pilot power in the rear and keeping the front a pilot sport? I heard that it is bad to have two different tires on the bike, so I wanted some expert advice. Any other tires good from Avon, Pirelli, Dunlop, Metzeler? Thanks!

Old 09-13-2006, 06:39 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Stickiest street tire suggestions

Dunlop Qualifiers!

Old 09-13-2006, 06:51 AM
Super Moderator

I have had miss matched tires before but I was only communting, harder riding or track I would reccomend matched tires.

Pilot Powers

Old 09-13-2006, 08:02 AM

very pleased with the PPs, but next change im going back to avon azaro or venom race compound, they dont last as long but are like glue and come in real quick. personally i think avon is severly underrated. you dont ever hear much about them.

Old 09-13-2006, 09:22 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: FuryofGreen

very pleased with the PPs, but next change im going back to avon azaro or venom race compound, they dont last as long but are like glue and come in real quick. personally i think avon is severly underrated. you dont ever hear much about them.
I have never heard of them, post a link bro.

Old 09-13-2006, 05:54 PM
1st Gear Member

I would go with a matched set....either PP or dunflops

Old 09-13-2006, 08:33 PM

avon azaro here is a link, i ran this tire on my 9r, i have run bridgestone, metzeler, avon, and now michelin, and im going back to the avon the (supersport compound) its a sticky sticky sticky tire. but it does pick up anything and everything on the road, so if you dont like plugging or replacing tires ignore my opinion of this tire. but this tire is amazing, it grips, you can get over and know the rear isnt going to lose traction, its a great confidence builder.

Old 09-13-2006, 08:39 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Amen!!
ORIGINAL: speedracer138

Dunlop Qualifiers!

Old 09-13-2006, 09:08 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: FuryofGreen

avon azaro here is a link, i ran this tire on my 9r, i have run bridgestone, metzeler, avon, and now michelin, and im going back to the avon the (supersport compound) its a sticky sticky sticky tire. but it does pick up anything and everything on the road, so if you dont like plugging or replacing tires ignore my opinion of this tire. but this tire is amazing, it grips, you can get over and know the rear isnt going to lose traction, its a great confidence builder.
thanks

Old 09-14-2006, 06:40 AM

I registered my bike today, and I needed to buy tires within 7 days or else I wouldnt get an inspection sticker and since my tires were shot they wouldnt pass me so I ordered pilot powers front and rear! hopefully I will like them! I rode about 80 miles today on a bald rear tire ;(. But the new pilot powers will be here on sat. . I rather spend more money, and loose tread wear while I gain confidence, becuase that one time when the pilot powers give me that extra grip when a car gets in my way then they will pay for itself.

Quick Reply: Stickiest street tire suggestions