squawk

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 11:39 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member
Default RE: squawk

i dont have my pp's on yet but i did get the chance to try a set out tonight. if i had pucks on i would of drug a knee on my test road behind my house. ill have to get a pic. the tires had some great feedback throughout the corner and seemed to aid the bike in breaking over into a turn. i was impressed for only going on a short little sprint.

sounds like you have the ***** to be an agressive rider, you just need to hone in your skill. rather then listen to everyones advise. look into spending 30.00 bucks on a book called "a twist of the wrist" by keith code. itll teach you things you have never thought possible and help you to not mess up. plus if your unsure about something, you can go back and read up on it. it will only make you better. turns are one aspect of riding where you dont want to correct youself mid way through or i guarantee youll end up sliding, hooking and flying or lowsiding it.

ride safe bro.

Old 08-11-2006, 05:32 PM
Super Moderator

I think it is same for most of us, I kills me when I have gone through the same turn 10m times and then all of a sudden I turn in to early, wrong entry speed or some other wrong thing and it all goes to hell.

I am impressed with the riders or the pros who can consistently put the bike in the right place at the speed and make it look so easy. Most of it is seat time though, wish I could devote 1 day a week to just hitting the corners.

Evil is right about sliding it, be careful when that rear looses traction and then regains it their can be some bad consequences. Foos who can slide it sure look cool as hell and I bet it feels good too.

I can’t slide

Old 08-11-2006, 08:40 PM

i know, losing the rear then regaining it gets scarey.. ive gone highside before, i dont want to do it again. something about flipping through the air then hearing the sounds of the fiberglass shred off the side of your helmet as you slide down the road just doesnt appeal to me i dont know, right now im in a riding rut, im riding like ****. i need to get back to basics, slow down, follow my lines and ease through it.

Old 08-11-2006, 09:26 PM
Super Moderator

Exactly, smooooooooooooth is the key. With smothness comes speed and faster lap times.

Old 08-11-2006, 11:51 PM

dont want any squawking here unless i am at the track. to many unknowns to be riding quite that hard on the street. but more power to the ones that have the *****. just try to ride as fast and smooth everywhere. i dont get left behind very often.

Old 08-12-2006, 02:46 AM

i just got back from riding in miami.. i know most of you guys live out west and i have lived there too and people are more courtious out there i think.. but man oh man, riding in miami is insane.. i had people deliberatley pulling out in front of me, trying to cut me off, acting like im a car or a target... i dont know but i had eyes in the back of my head today. stay out of downtown miami with a bike, word to the wise. =/

Old 08-12-2006, 03:47 AM
1st Gear Member

I know how you feel there Fury. Miami is not a great place to ride. feels like everyone there is out to just hit you and see what happens when you do go down. I never like riding there at all. Much better where i'm at now. Now i just got to find some nice twisty's and get the rest of my chicken strips of the tire.

Old 08-12-2006, 04:07 AM

beast, you aint kiddin.. its nuts there. i see you are in VA, thats where i learned to ride. you have some good hills and mountains there, i wish i had some mountains down here.. florida riders = wheelie addicts, and drag racers. =/ i have to do laps around the airport to get my rocks off, and i can only do a few before they call the police.. lol

Old 08-12-2006, 07:54 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Notstock

Exactly, smooooooooooooth is the key. With smothness comes speed and faster lap times.
Exactly! Slow down and learn to be smooth and you'll automatically go faster. Get that book: Twist of the wrist 1 & 2.