Someone Knocked My Bike Over....Won't Start, Help.

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 09:16 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Someone Knocked My Bike Over....Won't Start, Help.

Wow, sounds like a mess. One thing to remember is that since it happened at your apartment, it may be covered by your Homeowner's or Renter's insureance if you have it. Insureance companies will always try to screw you, if they try jerking you around get your renters agent to help out. The #1 reason to have insureance is to fight other people's insureance. Also remember to put everything in the claim including the $88 for the estimate from the dealer, you shouldnt have to pay anything yourself, they owe you for everything that happens as a result. Good luck.

Old 05-06-2007, 09:02 PM

I don't have renter's insurance or any insurance on this bike. I'm learning many lessons from this mess. I know this is going to be an uphill battle because while on the phone with her insurance I could already tell they were trying tobuild a case against me. I was like, it was a hit and run...and she said well how do you know who did it then....I said because I have a witness and the girl already admitted to it. lol I mean, I don't know how they could possibly flip this thing...the girl has two charges against her and myself none. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out.

I'm going to call her insurance company one more time and find out if she's had contact with them and if not, I'm sending her a certified letter in the mail stating the amount i was quoted and if I don't hear from her or her insuarnace company I will be taking her to small claims court.

On a side note, how bad would it be for me to ride this bike? they said the frame is bent, I asked how much it was off...and he just said, enough to need a new frame. This dealership took 5 days to get me an estimate and when I talk to them they always give me limited info. So I'm not even sure with them. I rode the bike and didn't notice anything wierd handling wise, so I figure maybe I can still ride it?

Old 05-06-2007, 10:32 PM
1st Gear Member

deleted cause I posted b4 I read the whole thread... lol

Old 05-06-2007, 10:50 PM
1st Gear Member

Personally I wouldnt ride it until this matter is cleared. It will just be something they can use against you. Plus what if it drops again, not saying it will, just wcs. Lets leave the bike as is, dont buy anything for it... no money out of pocket type thing... just in case this deal goes south ya know. Sucks but ya dont want to be out any extra if can help it. I would wait till this clears up b4 you spend any money and try to have her insurance pay you back.

Old 05-07-2007, 06:35 AM
1st Gear Member

I wouldn't ride it, if you can't get any resoluition through the insurance I would call a lawyer. They will get the money, for a little grease in their crack.

Old 05-07-2007, 07:24 PM
1st Gear Member

Damn dude that sucks. But it sounded like she was going to be shady from the get go. Did you give a copy of the police report to her insurance company? Also did you keep a copy as well? I hope it all works out. But it is looking like you will have to get a lawer and fight it out in court. But you will still have a hard time getting the money from her either way. Hopefully the insurance company comes through. Good luck and keep us posted.

Old 05-07-2007, 07:26 PM

I wouldn't ride it either. All you need is for the girl to see you on it, video you and BAM, she acn say there was no dmage to the bike or it has already been fixed. Get a cover for it, and drive to work until this matter is resolved. She sounds like a real BIOTCH!