Someone Knocked My Bike Over....Won't Start, Help.

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 06:54 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Someone Knocked My Bike Over....Won't Start, Help.

You can jump it with the car. If you have a multi-meter put it on the batt, and check the voltage. A "drop" can do all kinds of stuff to the battt: crack a plate, short a cell, knock loose the terminal... Check the connections and make sure they are tight. Just in case you haven't been told yet, the batt is under the seat. You will need to take off the right (I think) side plastic to expose the batt.

Old 04-25-2007, 03:11 PM
1st Gear Member

Dude call the police if not the police will dick you around here in Florida. That way they will get ticketed and possibly go to jail for a hit and run or for leaving the scene of an accident. I think some one on here is a cop. But I would call the police.

Old 04-25-2007, 03:17 PM

id flip his car over...by myself..all muscle baby!!

Old 04-25-2007, 03:26 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tbspyder

Is running with the bike the only way to get it started? Could I not jump the battery using my car?

I tried to start it again and still nothing, but it looks like the bike has some more juice now...the oil light and the neutral light lit up slightly. Maybe the battery's acid is draining back down into place?
File the Police report. He's an A$$#OLE! If he had any good intentions, he would have found out who's bike it was and contacted youor even left a note on it. Report it as a hit & run. As far as your battery,some acid probably spilled out and you need to remove the battery and check it; either refill it or if it's old, replace it. Put it on his tab. Better resolve it qiuck because the longer you wait, the less you'll be able to have done.

Old 04-25-2007, 03:32 PM

Definitly file the report, you may not need it but its always better to have the back up if you need it. Also don't jump your bike off with your car, you could cause more damage to your bike/battery by doing that. If you decide to jump start it by push starting ....DON'T do it in first gear. Its a lot hard on your tranny when/if you do that. If you do it that way its much easier on your bike if you do it in either 2nd or 3rd. You don't wanna create more problems, you can always take your battery down to your auto parts store and most big chains will check the battery for free. If everything is cool with it they will charge it for free, or let you know you need a new one.

Old 04-25-2007, 07:37 PM

Definitely call the police, file the report too. Contact the apartment office and see if they have the vehicle registered in their files (usually you have to include the car you drive and the plate number on an application). If you haven't received any news from the a$$hole by the time you get home from work/school, then they are avoiding you. Get a statement from the witness if they will agree to it, if not, still let the cops know. Give the police the plate number and go from there. Get your estimates too, at least 3 if you have time to get that many. Good luck, hope whoever did it, is a stand up person since they knocked your bike down.
Keep us informed

Old 04-25-2007, 08:41 PM

Well here's the update...

The girl that knocked it over answered the note I left on her car and calle me, gave some bs excuse saying her cousin was driving and hit and and then went inside and told her but they didn't think they'd be able to pick it up...blah blah blah. Anyways, she's supposed to call me back when she's off work and I'm going to give her an estimate of the damage she did. We'll go from there I guess.

Still can't get the bike started. I jumped it to my car and it tried to start then nothing. Now when I hit the ignition, it just clicks once and nothing. What could this be? Did I fry something when I jumped my car to it? What a headache.

Old 04-25-2007, 08:53 PM
1st Gear Member

Check you fuses that are under neath the passenger seat. Also I would just invest in a new battery. If you want to bring it to me I can put it on my battery tender over night to give it a proper charge. But since she is paying for the repairs I say make her pay for it. If she gives you to much **** about it still call the police and let them settle the matter. Do you have insurance on the bike?

Old 04-25-2007, 09:08 PM

No, I didn't even have a chance to get insurance yet...I only had it 1 day. lol

Already checked the fuses (that I could visibly see). All seem fine.

Old 04-25-2007, 09:23 PM
1st Gear Member

Does it look like anything is leaking from the battery? Check the terminals to make sure they didn't get loose some how. Did you want me to charge it for ya?

Quick Reply: Someone Knocked My Bike Over....Won't Start, Help.