shogun frame sliders...

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 03:12 AM
1st Gear Member
Default shogun frame sliders...

i was wondering about the shogun frame sliders... now i have 06 zx636and it says that the left side will have to be cut for it to fit...now i have purchased without looking really close the 07 zx636 frame sliders which is no cut one...i then put the bar ends and the swingarm spools on...but cannot figure out how to configure the front sliders.... now it says on the back of the instructions...

" ZX6R/RR (05-06) Bolts: 2-10x110mm - Sliders:Left longer - Spacer: left side"

now i was wondering if anyone out there could give me alittle help on how to get this straightened out...i am so confused i have looked at pics and looked at what i got...so far left over i have 2 hex size-9mm length: 110mm bolts i also have like a small cylinder that has one hole that has the slider on it that screws to the oval cylinder plate...the other hole is empty i guess for the bolt for the engine mount...there is another slider by itself and a wierd cone looking spacer!!!

now does anyone know if i should take extra precautions in taking off the engine mount bolt??? what is the torque on it???

now if i take the cylinder (the one with two holes and looks like a oval) and put it on the left side the slider sticks out far enough in length that i think i don't have to cut the faring...

wow...i hope i didn't get anybody confused i will hopefully post pics of what i mean...any help and replys are appreciated..

Old 03-23-2008, 01:17 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: shogun frame sliders...

Search for the thread in the DIY section, I'm sure there's a step by step with pic's that will get ya started

Old 03-23-2008, 01:58 PM
1st Gear Member

i have no -cut sliders i will trade you. i have already cut my fairings and i need something to fill the hole. just a thought, mine are powdercoated black

Old 03-24-2008, 01:24 AM
1st Gear Member

the problem is that i have the no cut sliders and i cannot seem to figure it out...i did some pics and showed someone on shogun and they said that it was the no cut kit...

i am having very hard times getting the engine mount bolt out...if i take one out at a time i won't have to worry about any problems right??? or should i put a block under engine just incase???

furthermore i cannot seem to get the allen wrenches that i got to take the bolts out....they almost rounded a side off!!!! i tried looking in service manual but you know those manuals to wordy and not giving a straight picture...

i think i won't ever buy shogun again...i rather get full cage protection but i guess i gotta learn from my mistakes....

EDIT:
okay after from what i have seen all over the web....anything less than an air gun won't probably get it off....so i am pretty much @#$%ed because i am not going to buy one nor am i going to buy extra parts to get it on...

i think alot of the problem with it is because it is made with cheap *** metal casts to make those bolts for the engine mounts because they are rounding like if they were made with plastic!!! [:@][&:]

Old 03-24-2008, 08:13 PM
1st Gear Member

okay i got the bolts off with a torque wrench and a 6mm hex...but now my problem is that the kit is for no cut 07 636 and i need bolts that are longer than 90mm and 70mm... i also striped one of the engine mount nuts because one of the bolts with the spacer attached is only 90mm long and didn't fit all the way!!!

grrr...i am sooo angry now i gotta buy a new engine mount nut, and two 100mmx10 bolts that will fit into the engine mounts!!! well here i go another day search for parts for this kit...

Old 03-24-2008, 09:56 PM
1st Gear Member

okay well if i have to say that the people at moto911.com really fricken helped!!!! I got the bolts in the mail and once i got done telling them how i got a mismarked box they just told me to pay for the shipping not for the bolts....so if you guys ever buy a kit for shogun get moto911.com!!!!

i think by wensday or thursday i will see if that will do it and if not i will just buy one other puck and dremel the farings to make them both fit!!!!