running from the police ????

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 01:09 AM
Default running from the police ????

Does anyone know the facts about what happens if they get your tag in florida and your run?????No i didnt run it is part of a discussion between friend and we need the reall answer.Some say you get your bike taken some say you have to be caught so they prove it is you some say all of the above we need the reall deal answer preferranbly from some sort of LEO.

Old 12-08-2007, 03:28 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: running from the police ????

go to your local pd and ask, dont take your bike though lol

Old 12-08-2007, 03:45 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Ask Devilgirl. She'll tell you the law in her state. Anyway, not a good idea to run from the Law! Too risky! If you run and get caught, you go to jail, get your bike taken away and get a ticket for evasion and reckless driving. Or you could crash trying to run plus everything mentioned earlier. Better to pull over and be honest. Ifyou were totally hauling *** and reckless; hundred plus while splitting lanes etc, then you may be in trouble. Not worth losing your life trying to run IMO.

Old 12-08-2007, 06:00 AM
1st Gear Member

kinda off topic, but my buddy was pulled overat a stop light doing 160 trying to keep up with his buddies (he didn't know where he was going). cop let him go without even a warning

i would imagine if they ran your plates it would be immediately filed that u ran and a warrant would be out for your bike, if u get caught just depends on if they run your plate randomly or u get pulled over

Old 12-08-2007, 03:06 PM
1st Gear Member

sorry man but 160 in a resedential, i would have hit him in the face with the book on that one. that is wreckless endangerment, 140-130 mph over the speed limit and invoulentary manslaughter. that is fed prison time, not jail time

Old 12-08-2007, 11:25 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Mott Power

kinda off topic, but my buddy was pulled overat a stop light doing 160 trying to keep up with his buddies (he didn't know where he was going). cop let him go without even a warning

i would imagine if they ran your plates it would be immediately filed that u ran and a warrant would be out for your bike, if u get caught just depends on if they run your plate randomly or u get pulled over
hmm, the cop pulled him over because the rider looked like it was speeding, if a 100 mph + was shown on the gun, then no way would that cop have let your friend go.

Old 12-08-2007, 11:34 PM

Over a 100mph i think you wouldget more thenjust awarning

Old 12-09-2007, 03:48 AM
1st Gear Member

actually we didn't believe him at first, it was on a country road, not a residential, too, but he told the story to one of his friends who rides also, the guy asks "was he this age, name was so and so, and drove a K9 unit?" my buddy goes "yeah! how'd you know?" guy: "bah, don't worry about him, he rides too, comes to the strip club every once and while with us"

Old 12-09-2007, 05:37 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Your buddy was VERY LUCKY! Any other cop and he would get a "Go to Jail" card. But then again; you never know.

Old 12-09-2007, 10:31 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

hahaha, crap I need to get lucky! 25 over and I am the one getting nailed!

Quick Reply: running from the police ????