rims back from powder coat

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2006, 09:51 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: rims back from powder coat

Damm....and here I thought that was expensive. Ive got a buddy thats opening up a powder coating company....hes gonna charge me $65 to do all the pegs and brackets(and the lil stuff with it....shifter, break...ect) and then $50 a rim.

Old 02-19-2006, 10:11 PM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

that does seem a little high. i was thinking around 40 bucks to do the pegs and like 45/50 to do each rim.

gotrice, do you know the color code for the gold your getting ? or the name or the manufacture of it ?

Old 02-19-2006, 11:37 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Looks nice gotrice

There are so many colors available. I checked the pearlized blue/purple I guess it was called. Thought that would look nice maybe on one of the blue rides.

Old 02-20-2006, 01:00 AM

well this was no buddy and i checked around and this was the second lowest. the first would have had a turn around time of 3 weeks. no way was i waiting. the company i had do it only took a day. dropped them off that day,delivered to me the next. well worth the few extra $$$$$ as for the pegs, it seemed a little high, but the turn around will be the same. u win and loose.

as far as the color, pm me with that question and i will get back to u on monday when the shop opens, k.

Not sure if im getting the pegs done, i have my eye on sato rear sets, we will see. lol

Old 02-20-2006, 01:35 AM

nice , much nicer

Old 02-20-2006, 05:24 PM
Super Moderator

Geez gotrice - those are sweet looking rims!!! I wonder if you'll ever run out of things to do with that bike of yours!

Old 02-20-2006, 05:29 PM

Run out of things to do???? Hmmm that would be a sad sad day. we must all remember this is my stolen bike/winter/divorce depression im going through. lol when it is riding season, i wont be doing anything but riding. I lost my bike for over a week last riding season due to paint, thats not happening this yr. lol

Thanks for all the support fellow family members.

Old 02-20-2006, 05:34 PM
Super Moderator

Oh yes, the stolen bike (almost forgot about that, she was a beauty!). But this one is looking much nicer! No need to worry though, when you run out of stuff to do on yours, I'll have to send you mine to keep you busy! (I know, sounds like a crap load of fun to mod a 500!)

Old 02-20-2006, 07:20 PM

Hey i will mod anything lol As far as your 500, i had one. It is a lot of fun. Not that many mods, but that just means less $$$ spent and more time riding. lol

My boy is gettting a .................................................. ..........yamaha. shhh its a ttr 50. its gonna be tricked out before he ever rides it. Easter bunny is being very nice to him this yr. lol Hes 4, but i feel its time he gets his own. lol

Old 02-20-2006, 08:31 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: gotrice

My boy is gettting a .................................................. ..........yamaha. shhh its a ttr 50. its gonna be tricked out before he ever rides it. Easter bunny is being very nice to him this yr. lol Hes 4, but i feel its time he gets his own. lol
That is awesome!!!! Please tell me you're gonna put a Hot Wheels sticker on it for him!

I'd like to upgrade my daughter soon (she has a battery operated three wheeler right now), maybe next year............

As for my bike - I will be losing my mod virginity - replacing the stock windscreen real soon

Quick Reply: rims back from powder coat