Red Light changers/ triggers

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 05:56 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Red Light changers/ triggers

Man I need to follow my own advice. I was at a light the other night and it didn't change. I will blame it on the night since I did not see any sensors in the lane I was in. so I switched lanes and it worked perfectly. Oh yeah and I didn't have any magnets either.

ORIGINAL: speedracer138

No, but I will. Just to see if the magnet works. I'm pretty certain the magnet works because I stop at that light everyday I go to work and have always waited until a car shows up or I run it if clear. I stay away from the center due to the oil and that puts me right on the lines. When I had the magnet, I was trying to get as close to the center as possible without being in the oil which moved me away from the lines. The magnet has worked at 2 different lights so far and I will try the one where I was stuck for 3 changes and another by my house. It's easy to remove since I just have it clear taped to the bottom.

Old 07-31-2006, 05:58 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

NS Holding out on the rest of us? [8D]

ORIGINAL: evil636

your the one that gave me the acid

Old 07-31-2006, 06:56 PM

Just when I was getting REALLY annoyed at the last left-turn light I go through when coming home, and started thinking about writing the city to have it changed/checked, they fixed it! In the good way... it's now a left turn yeild on green instead of that stupid red arrow. WOOT! No more waiting at all!!!

I have noticed some lights doing better if I'm on the lines, but some are still stubborn

Old 07-31-2006, 07:31 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Gerg

Just when I was getting REALLY annoyed at the last left-turn light I go through when coming home, and started thinking about writing the city to have it changed/checked, they fixed it! In the good way... it's now a left turn yeild on green instead of that stupid red arrow. WOOT! No more waiting at all!!!

I have noticed some lights doing better if I'm on the lines, but some are still stubborn
It all has to do with the calibration of the light sensors, some are better than others. I still say that if the magnets work than use them, I hate thoise stuborn ones.

"Look at all the pretty colors" wow!

Old 08-04-2006, 05:54 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

I tried it at the really stubborn light (the stuck at for 3 changes light) and the magnets worked there also. I put 2 round ones on my drain plug; a smaller one fit in the bolt head recess & the other larger one on top of it. I'll put some around my oil filter also to attract the metal particles. The added weight (2-3 ounces) is Not enough to be of any concern.