Red Light changers/ triggers

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 12:03 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Red Light changers/ triggers

I don't know about your bike, but when I put the kick stand down the bike shuts off. It's a safety feature. But I think it can be trrned off. 06 ZX6R

Old 07-26-2006, 04:13 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BigO

There is usually either a square or a rectangle that looks like a cut out in the road. These are where the wires (loops) are placed for the vehicle to be over and recognized. In the cars not only is there more metal but there are radial tires that have more surface contact to trigger the change. Try to line the tires of the bike up with the lines cut into the road already and see if that helps. Motorcycle tires should have the steel belts in them as well.
Thanks for that info BigO; I thought the sensors were between those lines 7 under the asphalt, but your info makes more sense. I'll try that but I don't think my tires have any steel in them. Car tires do but bike tires I don't know.

Old 07-26-2006, 04:40 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

I know for the toll roads they use the steel belted radials to count the axels at high speeds and charge accordingly. The same technology is supposidly put in place for the sensors at lights.

Old 07-26-2006, 04:49 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Ratkiller

I don't know about your bike, but when I put the kick stand down the bike shuts off. It's a safety feature. But I think it can be trrned off. 06 ZX6R
Put it in newtral.

Old 07-26-2006, 05:11 AM

Has anybody proved that these magnets even work? I mean people say they work. How do they now that there not just getting lucky and the light changes whenever they pull up to it? I want to know what kind of hurry people are in that they cant wait a few seconds longer. id just wait at the light and go faster to make up the time you lost sitting there waiting..lol.

Old 07-26-2006, 05:16 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 03ninja636

Has anybody proved that these magnets even work? I mean people say they work. How do they now that there not just getting lucky and the light changes whenever they pull up to it? I want to know what kind of hurry people are in that they cant wait a few seconds longer. id just wait at the light and go faster to make up the time you lost sitting there waiting..lol.
I know that some turn lanes only go off when triggered.

Hey just remember it is not illegal until you get caught.

Old 07-26-2006, 05:08 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Ratkiller

Mine does the same, but if its in neutral - it won't shut off.

I hear ya on the oil in the centre of the lanes speedracer. But here it seems that the sensors are off to the left and right of centre. So should be resonably safe off to the side. Thanks for the heads up about the film building up on the tires - something to keep in mind.

Old 07-26-2006, 06:38 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: BigO

I know that some turn lanes only go off when triggered.

Hey just remember it is not illegal until you get caught.
[sm=exactly.gif]

Old 07-27-2006, 01:12 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

There are lights that are sensor triggered. I know specific ones near me and on the roads that I ride on where you could be sitting at a red light and it'll never turn green until a car pulls up. I tried BigO's trick of positioning my bike on/ over the lines and IT WORKED! At least one of the lights I was having problems with. Also, the lines are usually outside the oil soaked centers which is good for us riders too. I'll have to try the same trick with other more stubborn lights. Thanks for sharing that info EVERYONE, especially Notstock & BigO.

Old 07-28-2006, 06:54 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Glad to help. I know how annoying it is to sit at the light and it never changes.

Quick Reply: Red Light changers/ triggers