Red Light changers/ triggers

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 07:49 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Red Light changers/ triggers

Yeah, that's what I have been doing. I'll have to try a metal plate just to experiment with then again that area is always covered with OIL. I'll just have to RUN IT as soon as it's safe!

Old 07-25-2006, 10:53 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tex636

Don't know about the magnets but I know if you find yourself in the UK and get stuck you can just flash your highbeams five or six times and the lights will change.
This is true for some lights here in the US also. There are certain street routes that police cars, fire trucks, and ambulances use in an emergancy. The stoplights on these streets have photo-cell sensors up by the lights. When any vehicle with flashing lights are on these streets, the lights will quickly turn green for them.

Old 07-25-2006, 11:09 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

most of the ps lights around here are done away with. the city emergency vehicles have a thing on them that makes the light change now a days. i remember back in the day and you can still see some ja's sitting at a light flashing their lights. i know most of the light heres do not have the photo cells so its not even worth it for me to flash my beams, ill just stick to running them i guess.

Old 07-25-2006, 11:17 AM
1st Gear Member

hahah!...... If you can't beat'em, run'em

Old 07-25-2006, 11:26 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

its allways fun till the cops show up [:@]

Old 07-25-2006, 06:08 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

There is usually either a square or a rectangle that looks like a cut out in the road. These are where the wires (loops) are placed for the vehicle to be over and recognized. In the cars not only is there more metal but there are radial tires that have more surface contact to trigger the change. Try to line the tires of the bike up with the lines cut into the road already and see if that helps. Motorcycle tires should have the steel belts in them as well.

Old 07-25-2006, 06:58 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: evil636

most of the ps lights around here are done away with. the city emergency vehicles have a thing on them that makes the light change now a days. i remember back in the day and you can still see some ja's sitting at a light flashing their lights. i know most of the light heres do not have the photo cells so its not even worth it for me to flash my beams, ill just stick to running them i guess.
I asked my cal-trans buddy to hook me up with the activator and he said that is grounds for immediate dismissal if an employee is caught with one or selling one. I said "so when do I get mine" lol that was 8 years ago I am still waiting

Old 07-25-2006, 09:57 PM
Super Moderator

I know this sounds stupid - but I read it in a motorcycle mag - to put your kickstand down on the pad. They also recommend putting as much of the bike over the sensors as possible.

I run into the same dumb problem here, at one light in particular. I can go in the car and every time I get an advance green to turn left. On the bike, I never get the advance green [:@] Next time, just out of curiosity, I might try the kickstand. But then again I might not bother because I might forget to the put it back up and then take off and end up with the bike quitting!

Have any of you guys ever tried the kickstand and what do you think about it?

Old 07-25-2006, 10:02 PM

ORIGINAL: Notstock

ORIGINAL: evil636

I asked my cal-trans buddy to hook me up with the activator and he said that is grounds for immediate dismissal if an employee is caught with one or selling one. I said "so when do I get mine" lol that was 8 years ago I am still waiting
well when your buddy is about to retire......get me one too lol

Old 07-25-2006, 11:31 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Bluebird, just be careful of the oil that cars leak in the center of the lane. I try not to even ride in the center of the roads due to this. Over a period of time, you can accumulate a film of oil on your tires. I accelerated hard yesterday and expected a little whelie except it just spun the rear due to the oil deposit. It's especially bad at stop lights & signs.

Quick Reply: Red Light changers/ triggers