Ram Air Mod

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 02:54 AM
1st Gear Member

another little trick you'll guys can do to the 03-04 636's is take the dirvertor out in the middle inside the airbox might be different on the 05-06 models

Old 01-30-2009, 09:16 PM
1st Gear Member

Hey ryda and speedracer, sounds like you guys know how to do this mod! could you explain to me how to do it a little more in details? do i have to raise the tank up? i'm off tomorrow so i'm gonna do my oil change so i guess i'll spend a little more time trying to do the the ram air mod! thanx a lot for the help

Old 01-31-2009, 02:54 AM
1st Gear Member

lmao.. this opened a whole big nasty can of worms in another forum.

(remember, ryda? lol )

i will not say it produces a gain or not. i'm switzerland, homey.

i WILL say please, don't talk about getting it dyno-proven.. please?

Old 01-31-2009, 03:52 AM
1st Gear Member

I think i'm gonna dyno the bike before and after to see the hp gain!!! Just Kiddin'!!! It's just that i get bored on saturday mornings and think about something inexpensive to do to my bike! besides, i just like to get my hands on her

Old 01-31-2009, 03:36 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by cenzo89
Hey ryda and speedracer, sounds like you guys know how to do this mod! could you explain to me how to do it a little more in details? do i have to raise the tank up? i'm off tomorrow so i'm gonna do my oil change so i guess i'll spend a little more time trying to do the the ram air mod! thanx a lot for the help
you can prop the tank up but i just took mine off when i did this mod, loosen the top cover on your airbox take filter out and look to see if you have a dirvertor in the middle inside your airbox, you want to remove that but you will have to remove the 2 rivets that holds the dirvertor in place and plug the holes up with something of your choice and after that your finished reinstall the filter & bolt cover back on

Old 02-04-2009, 09:27 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by whitehendrix
lmao.. this opened a whole big nasty can of worms in another forum.

(remember, ryda? lol )

i will not say it produces a gain or not. i'm switzerland, homey.

i WILL say please, don't talk about getting it dyno-proven.. please?
Why not dyno prove it one way or the other? Or is that the joke and I am being a little slow today.

Old 02-05-2009, 11:00 PM
1st Gear Member

What did you guys fill the holes with? and can you really here a difference? and is it a good sound or something thats going to be annoying after 5 min haha

Old 02-07-2009, 04:06 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

You just remove the little bottle attached to the bottom of the Ram-Air intake tube and plug the hole. Easy

Old 02-07-2009, 04:11 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by cenzo89
Look behind the headlights under the Ram-Air intake tube. Just above the bottom headlight cover on 05-06 bikes. You may have to remove the upper fairing to access it. No Tank removal required. Take off the resonator and plug the hole. You're done. I'll post pics later

OOPS; delayed response Looks like I'm a day late

Last edited by speedracer138; 02-07-2009 at 04:13 AM.
Old 02-07-2009, 04:14 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 768 Ryda
you can prop the tank up but i just took mine off when i did this mod, loosen the top cover on your airbox take filter out and look to see if you have a dirvertor in the middle inside your airbox, you want to remove that but you will have to remove the 2 rivets that holds the dirvertor in place and plug the holes up with something of your choice and after that your finished reinstall the filter & bolt cover back on
That's the Airbox Mod.

Quick Reply: Ram Air Mod