Quicky for the experts?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 07:40 AM
Default Quicky for the experts?

I did something that most people would say was dumb or at least jacked to say the least. I decided to take my stock exhaust off without having a safe alternative, aka I went open pipe. I know that it is dumb and the bike is an 06 but I was tired of being seen and not heard. So the question is how much trouble am I really in? I customized a one sided tip for the undertail but I havent riden it in fear that my hack job will somehow make the bike run lean. Any knowledge of what is safe and not safe would be helpful. Oh and by the way my Fuel Injector light is now on

Old 03-06-2007, 08:16 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Quicky for the experts?

What do you mean "took it off"? Just the underseat muffler, the midpipe or what? It will make the bike lose power; low end, cause your light to come on and may run lean. Plus it's probably louder than hell and will attract unwanted attention from the cops and also is obnoxiously loud. It may also start to melt some plastic and or wires under the seat. Either modify your stock muffler or buy a slip-on instead of running without one at all.

Old 03-06-2007, 08:50 AM
1st Gear Member

Sounds like you may have ruined your bike! Better just give it to me, and get a new one!

[sm=joke.gif]

Speedracer is absolutely right. Get a slip-on, or replace your original muffler. As counterproductive as it sounds, your bike needs back pressure in the exhaust system that the muffler provides.

Old 03-06-2007, 10:53 AM
1st Gear Member

you'll be heard just fine with any aftermarket pipe...a pipe will come with a kit to keep the red light from coming on...

Old 03-06-2007, 03:14 PM

WellI knew that but I am broke and the only pipe that was loud enough for me was an akrapovik* but if you have any ideas on what I can get a deep sound out of for less than $400 I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Old 03-06-2007, 08:12 PM
1st Gear Member

scorpion slip ons are loud...I used to have one on my ZX7R it was deeper sounding than the Muzzy I have now.

Old 03-06-2007, 10:11 PM

You could remove the baffling of the stock muffler... i think there is a how-to thread by Speedracer somewhere.That would be a much better alternative than running ...well, nothing. Check ebay for used pipes... or craigslist for your area

Old 03-07-2007, 04:40 AM
1st Gear Member

Put a Cherry Bomb, or Purple Horny on it! J/K. Speed is right I'd be worried that you'll cook the plastic, or worse depending on where you cut it you could over heat the head, and cook the engine.

Old 03-07-2007, 06:18 AM
1st Gear Member

Scorpion all the way. You can see mine and listen to it here..
http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t...t=DSCN0407.flv

Old 03-07-2007, 06:23 AM
1st Gear Member

I found one on E-bay for you .
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB..._promot_widget

Quick Reply: Quicky for the experts?