questionssssssssssssssssssss

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 09:54 PM
Default questionssssssssssssssssssss

Ok I was going to get 04-06 gsxr600 but decided not to because to many people has them specially the white/blue ones so I figured that I will get 05-06 zx6r 636 green in two weeks or so that I can stand out of the crowd and there cheaper to lol

Anyways I started looking for the gear and was wondering if verga altura are any good helmets. They cost only 80 on ebay and are dot approved if not than I will probably go with Icon Mainframe Hooligan green or Scorpion.

Will 05-06 zx6r beat 06gsxr600? How are those bikes compared to each odder?

Thanks in advance

Old 05-09-2007, 10:11 PM
The Dude
1st Gear Member
Default RE: questionssssssssssssssssssss

If your looking at stright Hp and Tq numbers then yes the ZX-6r does have more power and is also has36cc more motor then the GSXR.You can't really say what bike is faster the bigest part of the bike is the rider him/her self.You can put rossi on a 250 and he will run circles around people riding liter bikes, does that mean that 250's are faster? I would say just sit on both bikes see what feels the mostlike thebest fit to you and what one you think looks nicer. Sorry for the rant its not meant in any way to be harsh or sarcastic.As far as the lid goes. I kind of see it as you get what you pay for. i have never heard of that brand. Are they dot and snell aproved? I would feel safer going with Icon.

Old 05-09-2007, 10:12 PM
The Dude
1st Gear Member

Oh if you want to find good prices on lids check out newenough.com they got good deals in there clouse out section.

Old 05-09-2007, 10:30 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

never heard of a Verga altura. i would go with a better brand name company like aszrael said. there has been helmet testing done in sport rider and other places. if you could find that info it would be helpfull too.

Old 05-09-2007, 10:31 PM
1st Gear Member

some of the scorpion are dot and snell approved. You want to make sure that they are approved by both. Snell is the certification that it was impact tested.

Old 05-09-2007, 10:55 PM

ORIGINAL: aszrael1266

If your looking at stright Hp and Tq numbers then yes the ZX-6r does have more power and is also has36cc more motor then the GSXR.You can't really say what bike is faster the bigest part of the bike is the rider him/her self.You can put rossi on a 250 and he will run circles around people riding liter bikes, does that mean that 250's are faster? I would say just sit on both bikes see what feels the mostlike thebest fit to you and what one you think looks nicer. Sorry for the rant its not meant in any way to be harsh or sarcastic.As far as the lid goes. I kind of see it as you get what you pay for. i have never heard of that brand. Are they dot and snell aproved? I would feel safer going with Icon.
37cc's more.

Old 05-09-2007, 11:09 PM
The Dude
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Humtek

ORIGINAL: aszrael1266

37cc's more.
Sorry yea 37.

Old 05-09-2007, 11:20 PM
1st Gear Member

I wouldn't buy a Vega, I've seen them, hell I know someone who has one. They just "feel" cheap. I have a Scorpion EXO700, and I liked it, now I rock the Shoei RF1000 it's like being nestled between my girlfriends thighs. I would suggest trying a bunch on, seeing what fits the best, and what you can afford.

Old 05-09-2007, 11:27 PM
The Dude
1st Gear Member

Oh yea and what ever you get make sure its got some washable inserts

Old 05-10-2007, 02:03 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Check out www.Cyclegear.comfor deals on helmets or www.ironpony.com ; They were selling Icon Mainframe helmets for $60!