problem with clutch up wheelies

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 12:26 AM
Default RE: problem with clutch up wheelies

good info, thanx guys. i guess its power up from now on [:'(] i still do need to know if anyone elses bike stops at 13-14 thousand rpms and goes back down even when the throttle is being held open and the cluth is pulled in, its almost like my tach bounces off the 13000 rpm spot and immediately shoots back down even though my throttle is still being held open. its weird i never noticed this before.

Old 09-15-2006, 01:53 PM

it's normal for the tacho to do that because when the limitter is hit, the coil stop the spark and that what the tachometer reads .no spark = 0 Rpm so that's wh it goes down and when you are releasing the cluch the engine loses power very fast.just try the powerup wheelies.you wil preserve your engine!

Old 09-15-2006, 04:35 PM
1st Gear Member

what year/model bike do you have. my 7 hits the rev limitter and falls maybe 200-300 rpms then hits it again. when the needle drops does the engine rpms actually drop? what rpm are you at when you start the clutch up?

Old 09-15-2006, 05:29 PM

thanx zzone, im feeling a little better. walight, i have an 06 636, and im starting the clutch up around 6,000 rpms im guessing, pulling it in and throttle to im not really sure what rpm, i was going by engine noise and feel until i noticed it wouldnt come up anymore. then i started watching the tach, and it doesnt drop a few hundred rpm, thats whats scaring me, it jumps all the way from around 13,000 or 14,000 back down to around 6,000 or 7,000. its like the power is being cut like zzone said. its weird. i would think normal would be just a few hundred rpm and staying up there like you say your bike does. if i had to guess id say im popping the clutch around 10,000 rpms or i used to atleast before it stopped coming up easily. i can get it to pop up a little now but its weak compared to the way it was about a week ago, and if i throttle it too much of course im dealing with the power loss and it just jumps forward. i really dont like powering up, its not as controllable for me, (currently) and my wheeling days might be over...

Old 09-15-2006, 06:41 PM
1st Gear Member

is it still under warranty? take it to the dealership. shoulds like either FI or electrical problem

when you free rev the motor and it hits redline it drops to 7k, that isn't normal.

Old 09-15-2006, 09:42 PM

lovely..

Old 09-21-2006, 04:33 AM
1st Gear Member

i've hit my rev limiter in first and second on the back wheel and it doesn't drop to 7000rpm. i'm riding a cobb webbed 98 compaired to yours but still. i had a little trouble liftin the front end and then i adjusted my clutch cable a bit and BAM, easy fix. but i don't think your problem is quite that simple. if she's droppin to 7 g's something is definately wrong. oh and just to clarify....CLUTCH IT UP BI*CHES!! lol sorry i saw it on a t-shirt lol. when i am in 2nd doin a standup i don't use the clutch, but in first it is by far the most efficient way to get the old girl standin at attention

Old 09-21-2006, 05:59 AM

yeah my girl is going in for a tune up and check up friday, my FI light is on because i threw my servo away.. lol i tell everyone to throw away that exhaust servo but now i think i have a fuel injection problem, and my FI light stays lit and covered with black electrical tape over the guage panel. ehehehehheehhehhe ghetto fabulous baby!! atleast i have room for my PCIII where the servo and module used to be.. but um yeah i showed a few people the drop in rpms when it goes to redline and im hoping i can get it covered under warranty. also, my custom stainless lines go on friday and a bmc race filter. wooo hoooo!! i want my wheelie power back damnit!

Old 09-21-2006, 08:05 PM
1st Gear Member

Hey bro I put my PCIII in the tail it's a pain to get to but once it's set up i don't need to get back in. That's where the directions said to put it.

Old 09-21-2006, 11:59 PM

yeah but my scorpio is in the tail, and i like having my toolkit/tire plug kit so i didnt want to remove that for the power comander. theres no room on the 636 whatsoever with the undertail exhaust. i miss the days of being able to put a hat, fold up rain coat, cell phone, etc in the tail... i cant wait to see whats up with my bike tommorrow. im taking it to a different tech than the kawi tech that told me to remove my servo, so i know he is gonna say yeah you have a fuel injection problem the light is on.. lol then i get to explain why its on. that servo is such a pain in my ****. then it might not be covered under warranty cause i modified the bike.blah! [:-]

Quick Reply: problem with clutch up wheelies